Why become a member? ×

1974 Precision bass - am I paying too much?

Misowaki

There is no price list for vintage instruments. It depends on what the seller will let it go for and what the buyer is prepared to pay. That looks a reasonable price to me, unless you are buying to sell it on, in which case, you should pay more...

19 hours ago, Misowaki said:

Fairly certain it came as natural, plenty of marks on the body to suggest that.

20180303_162555.jpg

20180303_162224.jpg

20180303_162514.jpg

20180303_161916.jpg

20180303_162535.jpg

That does indeed look like the original finish. If everything else is kosher then you have definitely got a bargain, considering what  prices 70's Fenders are trading at nowadays. 

I'm sure I speak for other Basschatters of senior years when I say that I cannot believe the price P Basses from this era are now commanding. Thirty years ago they were hard to sell for £200. I know because I was trying to sell a couple! Things change and the world has moved on,I suppose.

Anyhow, looks like a lovely bass at a very fair price and I hope you get a lot of pleasure and a lot of fun playing it.

• Like 1

It’s a good price, even if it had been stripped, or was fitted with a  new bridge or pickups.

If it plays well and sounds good you onto a winner. The days of picking up a seventies Fender for less than a grand are long gone.