Why become a member? ×

Amazing New Amp Day

TheGreek

I need to pop out shortly so won't be able to post pics for a couple of hours.

So new amp has just arrived... a bit bigger than I expected but when you get something that's likely to cause Earthquakes you shouldn't be surprised. That same something means that I'll never need to buy another big amp ever....

So what is this nuclear powered monster on steroids?

Have a guess...I'll post more details on my return.

I'll leave it with you..

Earthquake... Laney Richter

Nuclear... Behringer iNuke

Neither fall into the "never need to buy another big amp ever" category but they're all I can think of based on the abundance of information!!!

*flameproof pants on* Other than the BLX80, I've never played a Trace I liked. There, I said it. I've heard other people play through them and liked what I heard - really punchy - but when I played through them they felt weird...

38 minutes ago, Bigwan said:

*flameproof pants on* Other than the BLX80, I've never played a Trace I liked. There, I said it. I've heard other people play through them and liked what I heard - really punchy - but when I played through them they felt weird...

I used to play at a church, and I had my Warwick Streamer with active MEC pickups through a Ashdown ABM stack... 

One day the head had gone for a service so we were back with the Trace Elliot 7 band combo - and the bass tone was incredible - so so clean and 80's it sounded like something off some record of 80's pop. This also was the worst sound I could possibly imagine ever and I spent a fair amount of money of effects pedals, new pickups and preamps it try and get me away from that sound!! 

Horses for courses. 

• Sad 1