Why become a member? ×

Bass Soul Food

isteen

59 minutes ago, Osiris said:

On paper than might look like a high treble setting...

Yup, hence my fading memory recollection - I certainly think of my treble setting at 3 o'clock, just one notch up from yours, as being 'high'.

But for me the key point was that you're also a fan of the 'just breaking up' gain sound around 10-11 o'clock which is in line with the OP and, being honest, not something I could get to work to my satisfaction. Quite different to the 'down and dirty' gain setting at 3 o'clock I was using on the MJMJ, which I really liked.  Also - there is NO loss of bottom end on the MJMJ, which is another plus.

Enough bigging-up a pedal that I've since moved on. And no, I'm not on TC's payroll...:D

On 6/3/2018 at 19:57, Al Krow said:

Are you playing with a pick? What is the rest of your set up in terms of bass, pups and amp?

I play with a pick as well as just the fingers. I have several basses with standard pickups (Fender, Sandberg, Yamaha, Ibanez - and a very VERY cheap Harley Benton), and my amps are both EBS (450 Classic with a 4x12 and Reidmar with a 2x12).

After a A/B test of BSF/Mojomojo my personal taste is the Mojo. Just the warm sound I like, with a hair of overdrive