Why become a member? ×

good cab combination with the reidmar ?

olicor

Hello folks !

i m about to buy a reidmar head and need some advices for 2 cabs to pair with.

I think i m going to go with their classic line cabs that seems to be a perfect match with the reidmar and as they sound less modern than the proline and neo (they re well priced too !)

But i m just wondering if i should go with 2 cabs of 12"  or a 12" and a 10 ".

If someone here tried both combination then please let me know your preference.

the 10 " is supposed to emphasize some freq that the 12" don t but i read  a review where someone said that he had the 12" with the 2*10 " and he regretted now not to have chosen 2 separates 12 " cabs as he thought they are smaller, lighter, cheaper and more multi-purposed.

But on you tube, every time i see a pair of classicline, it s a ten with a twelve so i don t know what to do !

of course i can t try it in a local shop .

At least the classic 12 are only rated at 94db which is not very impressive ... are they loud enough compared to other stuff ( the reidmar is only 250w and is more powerfull than many 500w heads so maybe it s EBS state of mind,  not to "over" rate their stuff.) ?

if you think about a better option in the same price range for 2 8ohms cabs then let me know.

thanks

thank you for your input.

Vanderkley seems to be high quality stuff ! but a bit expensive for me.

The neos and proline are very modern sounding so the classic line and their tone a little bit more vintage seems to fit the bill for my taste but would you run two twelves or one twelve and one ten  if you had the choice ?