Why become a member? ×

Hi !

olicor

Hello Bass People !

I m a 44 old french amateur bassist.

i started with guitar many years ago and then switch for bass 8 years ago now. But i m not a frustrated guitarist at all, as  i always been atracted by the bass and the groove so learning bass is really satisfying to me.

i love and listen to every kind of music and especially black music (from jazz to funk). 

i play my trusty jazzbass deluxe and as for amps i had markbass, gallien krueger, and i m now chasing for new gear ( an endless story ...)

See you soon :D

• Like 1

Good afternoon, Olicor, and ...

JziD0WZ.gif

Plenty to read and amuse you here, and lots to learn and share. There are more than a few here from the European continent, so you're far from alone. I'm in France, too; Lower Normandy (hence the 33 (France...), 53 (Departement code...).

15 hours ago, olicor said:

thanks SpondonBassed ! nice beard ! a la Lee Sklar !

thank u dad3353 ! for a guy living in france your english is very good ! i wish i could speak english like you but  i bet you re cheating lol

Cheating..? Cheating..? Me..? Why, you ..!

I'm British; came to France in the mid-'70s. I like to think that I'm starting to pick up some of the nuances of living here, such as the lingo, but am, in equal measure, losing what little 'culture' I had from my UK upbringing. No bad thing, some would say. :$ I've kept the accent, though; it's my sure-fire magnet for social success with the ladies. One has to have some quality, somewhere;)

i knew i knew ... you were british ! why losing anything from england ? you have the stones the beatles led zeppelin whereas we only got  euh ... still searching !

Ok our food and wine are not so bad so you did the right choice cause i guess it s easier to listen to the beatles in france than drinking a french wine in england !

2 hours ago, olicor said:

... whereas we only got  euh ...

Magma..?  Noir Désir..? Meï Teï Shô..? Kiemsa..? Little Bob Story..? No-one Is Innocent..? Rita Mitsouko..? Bashung..? Jean-Jouis Murat..? B|
There may be others; I've not seen absolutely all there is 'de bon en France'.

Edited by Dad3353

thank u lurksalot !

Yes Dad we also have some good band and songwriter composers but it s hard to export ! when Michel Berger wrote "le monde est stone" it was just succesfull in France, the same song with more modern arrangement , and cindy Lauper singing in english "the world is stone" and you have an international hit ! the same with peter kingsbery "only the very best".

there are some good musician s too (even if i seriously bring down the average !)

thank you The Greek !

yes Charles Aznavour is a great artist with a 70 years carrer ! not so bad ! as bassist we focus on music but there are words too and his writing is very poetic and beautiful

"hier encore" is a very emotional song and i don t know if something get lost in translation but here s the english version that has been covered a lot ( even by elvis presley !)

Hello and welcome to Basschat olicor :)

Croeso, from Wales (Je suis un Galois)
Don't worry, we are all forever changing basses and / or amp gear - it's part of being a bassist
We just want to improve our sound and our playing, and are forever looking for something even better

(but if you find the "secret" please let me know immediately lol)