Why become a member? ×

Schecter Model T Session

mcnach

4 hours ago, Horrorhiker said:

Lets go together ha ha! 

I think no on the Yamaha maple but yes on the Sire. The Sire is actually quite close on my wish list. The natural Swamp Ash Maple neck P7 sounds like it could tick some of your boxes? It has white block inlays rather than black which would make it look that much better though. 

I am after a new main bass and it will be one of the ones on my list but I can only get near the Yamaha which felt amazing but quite on a 'i'll get my wallet out right now' level. Very nearly though. If I'm looking to order blind, it feels safer to do it on a £500 bass than a £700 one. Returning stuff does my head in. 

If Andertons are reading this...put the thing in a sale. Please. 

let's keep in touch... and see who blinks first :D

4 hours ago, Al Krow said:

...and Mandy from this crew will do you a "custom job" if you bring along the nail varnish :) (She'll be at Islington O2 on the 31 March)

I know those guys!!! (and her, although I have not talked to her much)

We used to play at many of the same festivals... last year the sound guy at one of those events near Newcastle thought for a minute that I was substituting Mandy: I was the bass player for two bands that played back to back, and Bombskare was next... and I was wearing a Bombskare T-shirt... I think the guy just thought I was part of the amplifier and was there to stay for the duration :P

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mcnach said:

let's keep in touch... and see who blinks first :D

Yes! Though I've been talking on another thread and now several other possibilities have cropped up. Am going to Bass Direct early April so may well see something there to snap me out of it. I have a feeling that after going there I might be a little 'financially challenged'. 

4 minutes ago, cattytown said:

Could we contact someone like Anderton's and negotiate a group buy?

I wonder if they could sort a voucher code for BC members on certain brands they want to push or something like that. It'd be a good way of generating interest. I'd be much more likely to take a punt if these were a bit less. 

There must be someone from Andertons on here surely? 

19 hours ago, Al Krow said:

...and Mandy from this crew will do you a "custom job" if you bring along the nail varnish :) (She'll be at Islington O2 on the 31 March)

She's a nice player - I was impressed when I saw them on Part Time bands - would love to see them live.

10 minutes ago, cattytown said:

She's a nice player - I was impressed when I saw them on Part Time bands - would love to see them live.

They're a treat.

They're very nice offstage, and great fun onstage... a couple of them behave just the same way everywhere (hi Colin! ;)) It's one of my very favourite bands because they do well what they do and it always seems fun and inspiring. It's exactly the kind of band I would be happy to sign in for eternity in Hell. :D

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, cattytown said:

Me too. I've actually got a gig the night they are playing at the O2 which is a shame.

1 minute ago, mcnach said:

They're a treat.

They're very nice offstage, and great fun onstage... a couple of them behave just the same way everywhere (hi Colin! ;)) It's one of my very favourite bands because they do well what they do and it always seems fun and inspiring. It's exactly the kind of band I would be happy to sign in for eternity in Hell. :D

They're only playing Italian opera in Hell last time I checked.

Edited by Al Krow
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, mcnach said:

They're a treat.

Fun - that what too many of us forget, and is utterly infectious.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, patrikmarky said:

Ive got these two bad boys ...the cv has a huge tonal range and looks sexy and t

my sandberg doesn't get look in at the moment 

image.jpeg

Ooh I was looking at the natural CV-4 at one point. Did you buy blind or try them out first? I read they come well set up direct from the factory, is that true? 

4 minutes ago, patrikmarky said:

Ive got these two bad boys ...the cv has a huge tonal range and looks sexy and t

my sandberg doesn't get look in at the moment 

image.jpeg

Another NOT HELPFUL comment when my Sandberg, too, is feeling a little unloved in my (currently Japanese dominated) herd! :) 

8 minutes ago, Horrorhiker said:

Ooh I was looking at the natural CV-4 at one point. Did you buy blind or try them out first? I read they come well set up direct from the factory, is that true? 

Bought blind which is a bad habit of mine but fell for the looks and premier guitar review was a help..it does have a huge tonal range ..looks a little different  perfect set up for my style 

top quality finish 

Edited by patrikmarky

Just now, patrikmarky said:

Bought blind which is a bad habit of mine but fell for the looks and premier guitar review was a help..it does have a huge tonal range ..looks a little different 

top quality finish 

Superb, cheers for that. £100 less than the session series, passive and great rep online as far as I can see. 

Will have to start calling this thread 'the gasworks'. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Horrorhiker said:

Superb, cheers for that. £100 less than the session series, passive and great rep online as far as I can see. 

Will have to start calling this thread 'the gasworks'. 

If you need to try one I'm on edge of Suffolk border ...though I have to stress it's not for sale 😀