Why become a member? ×

Schecter Model T Session

mcnach

8 hours ago, Cuzzie said:

Sounds fair to me.

What happened in the days before you tube footage - he would have had an audition

In those days we'd all waste a lot more time, it's true.

You can't, in 2019, say you played in function bands and say they didn't have a name. A function band without a name? :D

That is a band that never left the rehearsal studio. The guitarist could well be fantastic, but when you have others to try, why would you give him a chance? Certainly not because his natural charm...

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Cuzzie said:

Stand closer to the amp

Better EQ options

What would we do without your wisdom?

edit: I'll explain why my tone.

It grates when someone keeps insisting that HIS way of doing things is THE way of doing things, just because he likes it better that way. 

Wake up. Thank you for the input. I get it. Now let me carry on doing what works best for MYSELF. 

Edited by mcnach

36 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

If you know clearly your path to happiness and it is one that avoids cannons, then who am I to argue? :) 

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate your suggestions. It's impossible for you to know what's in my head when only rarely I know it myself 😛

It took me a while to learn that onboard happiness, for me, is passive tone with semiparametric mids. 

@mcnach thanks for your input and answers, I get what you are saying. I am no more suggesting you use a 2 band EQ and amp controls only, or a passive bass only more than you are saying I must use a 3 band EQ and nothing else. I appreciate the detailed answer for your needs as to why it works, can’t really see how I am stopping you.

FOH Guy was put in there for those that may be amp-less and therefore cannot tweak amp controls on the fly - it was an attempt at catching most situations.

Taking my other quotes out of context without what they were relating to does not work either, but I would be more than happy for you to copy a quote of mine insisting my way is THE way to do things on this subject.

If you are unsure what to do with my wisdom I am happy you use it to help find the sound you rarely know in your head.

On 10/02/2019 at 07:06, Cuzzie said:

@mcnach thanks for your input and answers, I get what you are saying. I am no more suggesting you use a 2 band EQ and amp controls only, or a passive bass only more than you are saying I must use a 3 band EQ and nothing else. I appreciate the detailed answer for your needs as to why it works, can’t really see how I am stopping you.

FOH Guy was put in there for those that may be amp-less and therefore cannot tweak amp controls on the fly - it was an attempt at catching most situations.

Taking my other quotes out of context without what they were relating to does not work either, but I would be more than happy for you to copy a quote of mine insisting my way is THE way to do things on this subject.

If you are unsure what to do with my wisdom I am happy you use it to help find the sound you rarely know in your head.

I apologise if I misunderstood the tone of your questions. It sounded to me as if you were saying "all you need is in your amp, onboard preamps are ridiculous and so are their users" reading between the lines. Hence my tone.

But it's very possible I misunderstood too. Somehow, in person, we can disagree very strongly and pull each other's leg and keep smiling, but in writing it all can look so damn serious. Especially if the reader has been having a bad day. I've been pretty sick the past few days and had to do a quick run to hospital [1] last night... and I'm a terrible patient, I get really grumpy when I'm ill. So, yes... I'm not going to re-read it all, if you say you didn't mean it the way I took it, I believe you, please accept my apology, and let's keep it cheery :)

edit: [1] by the way it's all good, just a scary false alarm. I just need to be a patient patient, and I'm still grumpy, but not about onboard preamps ;)

Edited by mcnach
  • Like 2

That’s cool - I was only pulling your leg back and I have thick skin - so no offence my end, glad you have taken none I hope and certainly glad you are OK.

I suppose for me it was to clarify how often someone may use the Mid dial alone, which is the prime thing of a 3 band above a 2 band - more as a mental log for myself and learning about how others use things in case I may move in the direction, so using bass and treble controls wasn’t relevant to me if you get my drift.

I should have made myself clearer in that was the specific I was interested in.

No harm done from us both.

Hope you are on the mend.

• Thanks 1

On 11/02/2019 at 14:59, Cuzzie said:

That’s cool - I was only pulling your leg back and I have thick skin - so no offence my end, glad you have taken none I hope and certainly glad you are OK.

I suppose for me it was to clarify how often someone may use the Mid dial alone, which is the prime thing of a 3 band above a 2 band - more as a mental log for myself and learning about how others use things in case I may move in the direction, so using bass and treble controls wasn’t relevant to me if you get my drift.

I should have made myself clearer in that was the specific I was interested in.

No harm done from us both.

Hope you are on the mend.

On the mend, thanks, but slowly... urgh. As long as i get better before my holiday next week it's all good ;)

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
21 minutes ago, Jack said:

You can still find the Model T on the Schecter site if you Google it but I can't seem to navigate there via the menus, is it being discontinued?

It wouldn’t surprise me. They didn’t exactly commit to it to begin with, given that it never seemed to be in stock anywhere - most shops simply claiming it could be “special ordered” O.o

10 minutes ago, CameronJ said:

It wouldn’t surprise me. They didn’t exactly commit to it to begin with, given that it never seemed to be in stock anywhere - most shops simply claiming it could be “special ordered” O.o

They were obviously being widely stocked at one point - I'm sure Anderton's has (had) a video in which they compared the Studio (passive) and Session (active) models, and Westside (Denmark St) were touting the passive Model T as their alternative to a Fender Precision back when I bought mine. But yeah, Schecter's heart doesn't really seem to be in it compared with how they promote some of their other models, which seems like a missed opportunity, if you ask me.

• Like 2

On 21/05/2019 at 14:21, Jack said:

You can still find the Model T on the Schecter site if you Google it but I can't seem to navigate there via the menus, is it being discontinued?

It's definitely on the site in 4, 5 and left handed...

I think all Schecter basses are thin on ground in UK, not just the Model T.  I had to special order my Ultra bass and that took several month to arrive.

I've seen a few posts on the Schecter Facebook page regarding artists using the T, it's well thought of.

...and I just noticed the MA bass has a 38mm neck, that's tempting.  Lol. 

Edited by 2elliot

• 1 year later...

Can anyone post a picture of their pickup height? I just received mine (posted in a new topic), however the pickup height seems to be awfully off. I know the right height is subjective, but it seems odd for it to be this off from new.

Thanks 

680424F8-B687-44D6-BC06-BB3BE4348BB0.jpeg

Edited by Saxondale.

Push the lopsided pickup down on the side which is sticking up, which should pop it back to where it should be. It has been pushed down on the A string side and become stuck.

It is just a regular P pickup, there is no voodoo going on here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Saxondale. said:

Can anyone post a picture of their pickup height? I just received mine (posted in a new topic), however the pickup height seems to be awfully off. I know the right height is subjective, but it seems odd for it to be this off from new.

Thanks 

680424F8-B687-44D6-BC06-BB3BE4348BB0.jpeg

That looks like the pickup was pushed down in transit. Don't touch the screw yet, and simply try to pull the pickup cover up (edit: pushing down on the opposite side as @Doctor J says will help). If you can't, then undo the screw and redo it. I don't think you'll need anything under the pickup. I remember vaguely I can push mine down a bit and they push back ok. I can't check right now as I lent the bass to my trumpet player, but your picture is pretty clear to me.

Edited by mcnach
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Cuzzie said:

Depends what sound you want to achieve

Just get a screwdriver out and get it to the right height for you - 2 min job

Indeed.

For what it's worth, I spent some time adjusting and readjusting the pickup heights until I was happy with the sound: it really is easy to do. 

Also, are you aware of the dip switches on the board of the preamp? You need to open the control cavity to access them and it gives you 4 different modes for the operation of the treble. I had no idea when I bought mine and only found out months later. Worth experimenting with that too: some settings were not to my liking at all, but a couple were good (for me).

dip-switch-btsbtc.jpg?w=584

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 28/02/2018 at 14:15, CameronJ said:

I was about to say “if only they did it in a 5er”

...then a cursory google search revealed that they do! Arghhh :dash1:

Funny, I ordered this In a 5er a few days back.

£645 from Thomann

1 hour ago, MJJS said:

Funny, I ordered this In a 5er a few days back.

£645 from Thomann

Ah, I thought that was a bargain until I remembered you’ll be getting VAT added on by customs once it hits UK shores...!

Edited by CameronJ

• 1 month later...
46 minutes ago, mcnach said:

Yup. If I could only save two basses from a fire, that would be one and the Stingray the other. 

Wow - that is seriously high praise!

Must admit I'm more than a little tempted by the 5 string version of this (as I'm guessing you might be having discovered that "5-string basses suddenly make a lot of sense" 😊). In my case I've got very comfortable with both the 35" scale and the effectiveness of a 2 band EQ, which feature on the Schecter 5 string, from playing my Spector Euro 5LX. That's pleasantly surprised me me because, like you, I've always been a fan of having explicit control over the mids. But that's obviously something that can be dealt with pretty easily on the amp instead, which tends to have a more sophisticated preamp and EQ anyway. I'm therefore left me somewhat exposed to the PJ format and design charms of the Schecter Model T 5er!

I came across this little clip and it sounded full and warm i.e. the opposite of anaemic and sterile that I've come across elsewhere (decent headphones recommended).

Remind me - did you swap out the EMG preamp on yours?