Why become a member? ×

Schecter Model T Session

mcnach

25 minutes ago, mcnach said:

I'm besotted by this thing. 

I don't need it... but I waaaant it. Really cool looking P/J, the right... everything. 

I hope I don't get to try one because if I like it I won't resist it. What a sexy beast...

Know what you mean. I felt exactly the same about this stable mate. "Fortunately" Schecters are almost impossible to try before you buy these days down South and the store in London wanted a £200 non refundable deposit before it would get one in! Their designs are lush I agree!

image.png.17c4a0632ab95f4715817bd15214b68a.png

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

This sits high upon my list at the moment 

18015164-6DB1-4574-B457-E6CBD51D8566.png

That's pretty sexy too... but the Schecter still calls me more, aesthetically. I wishe it cost £1544 like the Fender, that way I'd easily just forget it. However at £700ish... it's too tempting.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mcnach said:

That's pretty sexy too... but the Schecter still calls me more, aesthetically. I wishe it cost £1544 like the Fender, that way I'd easily just forget it. However at £700ish... it's too tempting.

Under half the price AND you get an extra knob! :D

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mcnach said:

I don't need it... but I waaaant it. Really cool looking P/J, the right... everything. 

I hope I don't get to try one because if I like it I won't resist it. What a sexy beast...

SESSION%20MODEL-T%204%20ANS%20TILT.png

Yep, totally with you on this one @mcnach.  Awesome looker, and I'm well into PJ's at the moment.

I've just rediscovered my long-neglected daisy rock daisy rock elite bass, which is basically a schecter in a skirt. I set it up at the weekend and have been playing it a lot over the last few days. The duncan-designed soapbars and active eq can make a lovely clanking rock tone through the micro cube RX even with an old set of thomastic flats. I'd prefer it to have a bolt-on neck so I could shim it, but I've almost got the action as low as I'd like.

Its cool to see schecter/daisy rock similarities in that the model T has 'piano-key' block markers shaped like the pearloid ones on my daisy rock and the eight string schecter has a daisy rock headstock shape.

Stardust Elite Bass.jpg

43 minutes ago, Conan said:

It is a smart piece of kit indeed! Just wish the purchase of one would make  me as creative a player as Robert DeLeo... :)

I had the Rob DeLeo model in black a few years ago. It wasn't one of my better buying decisions...

16 hours ago, mcnach said:

SESSION%20MODEL-T%204%20ANS%20TILT.png

Have mentioned this on another couple of threads but I'm extremely close to almost sort of thinking about taking steps towards considering getting one of these. 

Holding me back is the fact that you can get the Yamaha bb734a for the same price, a Sire P7 for two thirds the price, this is active only, and it can't be tried out. The look of it has got me hooked almost to the point of not caring about all that. The geezer in the above video isn't helping matters either as he's making it look and sound even better.

Schecters have a great rep and I suspect it'd be a nice bass, just a case of whether it feels right. 

1 minute ago, Horrorhiker said:

Have mentioned this on another couple of threads but I'm extremely close to almost sort of thinking about taking steps towards considering getting one of these. 

Holding me back is the fact that you can get the Yamaha bb734a for the same price, a Sire P7 for two thirds the price, this is active only, and it can't be tried out. The look of it has got me hooked almost to the point of not caring about all that. The geezer in the above video isn't helping matters either as he's making it look and sound even better.

Schecters have a great rep and I suspect it'd be a nice bass, just a case of whether it feels right. 

I agree with all of the above. It just looks so good! I’m a real fan of the early 50’s slab body P bass look so this ticks many many boxes. I only wish it had a passive tone control but I’m sure I’d be able to get that added later on at @thebassgallery. I’ve already had a similar mod done to my previously active-only Sandberg Electra VS4 so I know it’s doable...

• Like 1

...oh and a little look online shows that the American prices of these puts them more in line with cheaper basses over here. That's psychological to some extent but considering this over here is the same price as a used US Fender Jazz or P, and it really should be more the price of a new Mexican one gives me slight pause. 

If it was £100 less I would have bought it a few weeks ago for definate. The price they're asking just nudges it into very stiff competition and anything over £600 is not puntable, for me. 

Edited by Horrorhiker
Not wanting to get political.

7 minutes ago, CameronJ said:

I agree with all of the above. It just looks so good! I’m a real fan of the early 50’s slab body P bass look so this ticks many many boxes. I only wish it had a passive tone control but I’m sure I’d be able to get that added later on at @thebassgallery. I’ve already had a similar mod done to my previously active-only Sandberg Electra VS4 so I know it’s doable...

It's amazing that there isn't much choice when looking for a 50s style P bass. It's basically between very cheap or expensive as far as I can see.  A bit of customisation and they look incredible as we can see with this. Its funny though as at first glance this looked a little garish to me but it has infiltrated my brain after a while to quickly become the best looking thing I'm considering. 

Edited by Horrorhiker

21 minutes ago, Horrorhiker said:

Ha ha! You go first then and tell me what you think ;)

The Yamaha is a good bass for sure... but not really my thing visually. I have to like it, as well as feel nice and sound good. Does it come in maple fingerboard?

The Sire P7 is probably nice too. Does it come in maple fingerboard? 

I don't mind not having a passive option, although it did save me once because I thought I had replaced the battery that year and I hadn't (on my Stingray, which has a MMSR preamp with a bypass switch)... generally I'm good at keeping tabs: I write the date on batteries, and even have a spreadsheet with that information for my basses. But it's not fool-proof, as it was shown to me during a gig last year :D

The look is very attractive to me. I have a thing for natural ash/maple/black. It looks 'warm', it makes me want to take it and play it... hard to describe.... and it seems to make the right kind of sounds. What puts me off is... I could try it, and immediately know "this is not for me". I can check neck profile, dimensions, weight... but I need to actually have it in my hands before I know. Yes, I am sure I would be able to play it just fine... but I don't *need* a new bass, so I only want it if it "speaks" to me. It would not be the first time I'm attracted to a bass, on paper, then I try a few examples and decide that I don't really like them.

Right now I'm playing a lot this Squier Mike Dirnt Precision. I ended up finding a nice lacquered maple fingerboard neck that fitted so I put it on it... it's a very comfy and light bass and I replaced the pickup... I love it. And I was just thinking about adding a preamp,, and possibly a second pickup, when the Schecter showed up. 

Hmmm...

26 minutes ago, CameronJ said:

My plan for the Squier Mike Dirnt was to keep the passive tone control, but add a mid-sweep module to it. I realised that bass is not something I generally want to tweak much... so I'm happy with whatever the bass has. If I need to change it, I go to the amp right at the beginning, and that's a setting I won't tough again. I like the way a passive tone control works, so I'd keep that. It's on the mids where I really want more control. A mid-sweep module covering anything between 100-1000/2000Hz gives me huge range to get the sound I want just right. So that's just one knob (concentric), and I can easily put volume/tone onto another concentric pot, keeping it simple.

But *if* I did get the Schecter... I'd probably wait and just do that to it.

16 minutes ago, mcnach said:

Ha ha! You go first then and tell me what you think ;)

The Yamaha is a good bass for sure... but not really my thing visually. I have to like it, as well as feel nice and sound good. Does it come in maple fingerboard?

The Sire P7 is probably nice too. Does it come in maple fingerboard? 

I don't mind not having a passive option, although it did save me once because I thought I had replaced the battery that year and I hadn't (on my Stingray, which has a MMSR preamp with a bypass switch)... generally I'm good at keeping tabs: I write the date on batteries, and even have a spreadsheet with that information for my basses. But it's not fool-proof, as it was shown to me during a gig last year :D

The look is very attractive to me. I have a thing for natural ash/maple/black. It looks 'warm', it makes me want to take it and play it... hard to describe.... and it seems to make the right kind of sounds. What puts me off is... I could try it, and immediately know "this is not for me". I can check neck profile, dimensions, weight... but I need to actually have it in my hands before I know. Yes, I am sure I would be able to play it just fine... but I don't *need* a new bass, so I only want it if it "speaks" to me. It would not be the first time I'm attracted to a bass, on paper, then I try a few examples and decide that I don't really like them.

Right now I'm playing a lot this Squier Mike Dirnt Precision. I ended up finding a nice lacquered maple fingerboard neck that fitted so I put it on it... it's a very comfy and light bass and I replaced the pickup... I love it. And I was just thinking about adding a preamp,, and possibly a second pickup, when the Schecter showed up. 

Hmmm...

Lets go together ha ha! 

I think no on the Yamaha maple but yes on the Sire. The Sire is actually quite close on my wish list. The natural Swamp Ash Maple neck P7 sounds like it could tick some of your boxes? It has white block inlays rather than black which would make it look that much better though. 

I am after a new main bass and it will be one of the ones on my list but I can only get near the Yamaha which felt amazing but quite on a 'i'll get my wallet out right now' level. Very nearly though. If I'm looking to order blind, it feels safer to do it on a £500 bass than a £700 one. Returning stuff does my head in. 

If Andertons are reading this...put the thing in a sale. Please. 

• Like 1