Why become a member? ×

FS Warwick Streamer LX BO Broadneck 5 NOW SOLD
£550

jimbobothy

Hey all,

I'm thinking of selling this Warwick Streamer LX BO Broadneck 5 string bass.

I bought it on here a few years ago and want to move it on as it's not my go to bass.

It's in an ok general condition and is currently strung with half wounds. It's perfectly useable, but certainly not pristine and the price reflects this, see below for more info;

i. The neck is perfectly playable but the B string side has a small amount more relief on it than the G string side (this has ii. been so on most of my many wicks I've had in the past).

ii. The action is fairly low as is, but there is a small amount of feet buzz on the G string around fret 4 or 5 when played harder. I’ve just done a week session on it as is with no probs though.

iii. There is some random hole from the control cavity into the neck pickup cavity (can’t see it unless you take out the pickup). Think they got it wrong in the factory on the first go of the pickup cabling tbh!!

iv. The body join near the neck bolts on the rear of the bass is more visible than in other areas.

v. The frets are finished fairly poorly on one or two ends along the fretboard.

vi. The double octave neck side dots are have been put in slightly wonky.

vii. The black plastic oval shape on the battery connector is loose, battery connection still fine however.

I bought it on here a few years ago for around £630 IIRC or so and have bought a new bridge saddle, new gold control knobs and the gold Schaller strap locks.

I’m fairly picky about my basses and did think it was a bit of a ‘Friday’ bass, but in reality it’s plays well and it's nice to have a bass as I’m not overly precious about it (my other basses are a SS1 5 string and a Thumb 5 fretless BO Broadneck).

Sound wise the bass is fairly mid focussed when set flat, say compared to the SS1 that is more open, due to this it sits nicely in a mix.

The body is oiled maple (with a nice flame), neck Ovangkol and the fretboard Wenge. It has a 2 band MEC preamp and 2 MEC soapbar pickups. The string spacing is the Broadneck width, so the same as a SS1 5 string at 20mm +/- a bit.

It comes with a set of Schaller straplocks.

Info from the Warwick site:

Serial number:
E07512400
Article number:
1215150000GZFMAOBW 
produced:
2000-05-24
Description:
Streamer, 5-string
Natural Oil finish
Flamed Maple A body
Ovangkol neck
Gold hardware 

Made in Germany

IMG_1615.thumb.JPG.d8a3b6cbf43f35a2579ba8c29c9f4344.JPGIMG_1616.thumb.JPG.e6027703857bc0519e5b0d108c03c237.JPG

IMG_1620.thumb.JPG.fceeea85a8e1e09c1127211522e4476f.JPGIMG_1617.thumb.JPG.37987175487fedfd1f410c1a2676b7ab.JPGIMG_1619.thumb.JPG.916f9e0970921f1b105a7f3ee2e52771.JPG

Any questions just PM me please.

For the asking price it’s a very good deal, it has it’s rough points, however overall it’s a pretty decent bass. I prefer to forward on any deals I get on here, hence the price.

It's collection only from Halifax, West Yorkshire and I'm after £550.

Peace.

Edited by jimbobothy
now on hold folks.
  • Like 1

• MB1 locked this topic