Why become a member? ×

You've probably all seen this before, but still interesting. Woodstock artiste fees.

leschirons

On 2/26/2018 at 17:49, LeftyP said:

Fun in the Sun? It's such a common phrase, I'm not sure what it actually means 

Possible connected to the "good life" hanging out with no real responsibility. You know merely frolicking about having a good  tine in sunny weather 

Blue

Edited by Bluewine

On 2/26/2018 at 15:33, FinnDave said:

It's the UK. It rains a lot, because we're an island with the whole of the north atlantic next to us. I used to go to free festivals like Stonehenge in the 70s, and don't remember any rain at all, though my memory from those daze might be too reliable!

Yeah, I'm starting to question my memory for anything that happened in the 60s and 70s.

Blue

2 minutes ago, Paul S said:

They should hold a big festivals in southeast Essex near the coast - doesn't rain much here.  +/- 20" on average.  I think there was once one at Weeley, near Clacton, back in the early 70s? 

Small world, I'll be over that way on thursday evening, well Frating, which isn't too far away

46 minutes ago, Bluewine said:

Where I live , I've experienced 105 degrees. That's hot and not fun.

Blue

6 minutes ago, mentalextra said:

That's not for me, a couple of days in July  about 70 degrees is enough sun. :)

That's where we're different - as soon as work and family commitments allow, me & the missus will be moving to somewhere with a far warmer climate (UK's suicidal politics permitting)!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, converse320 said:

Speaking of unlikely music festivals, how about the completely insane Bardney festival in Lincolnshire early 70s?  Again lashed by rain and a sea of mud, but some big names.    Heres a poster:

https://community.lincolnshire.gov.uk/bardneyvillagehistory/section.asp?catId=23001

Some great bands on that line up.

12 minutes ago, bassace said:

Is that Genesis I see way down the billing?

Yes, the Word doc on the village website has them down as playing on the Monday.  This really has to be one of the strangest UK festivals.  Backed by Lord Harlech and Stanley Baker (presumably the actor??), it was held in fields at a tiny little village which even now is in the middle of nowhere.  In 1972, middle of nowhere doesn't even come close to describing what it would have been like.  I'd love to understand how this event came about.  The Byrds played the same venue the year before incidentally.  Ive been there recently - fields and a plaque commemorating the event.