Why become a member? ×

SOLD ELSEWHERE Overwater by Tanglewood Classic Jazz P/J with upgrades
£150

ead

For sale is this rather lovely Overwater by Tanglewood Classic Jazz bass.  As you can (hopefully) see it is in excellent condition and looking at the serial number it is one of the first batch which had the Overwater QA before being unleashed into the world.

Condition is very good with a couple of minor marks that I really struggle to photograph and that's about it.  I believe the bodies on these were Poplar and the bass has a one-piece maple neck and rosewood board.  The bass weight a shade under 9.5lbs by my scales.

The bass now enjoys a Kiogon made V/V/T loom and some new knobs of a better quality.  The original V/B/T harness and knobs will be included and you will see why I chose to replace them!  Not the best work ever out of China.  The bass also has a brand new Fender gig bag.

You may see that the bass also has a set of Di Marzio DP126 pickups fitted.  A nice fruity P pickup and a hum cancelling bridge p/up that add vastly to the sound coming from the bass.  Whilst the original fit P pickup is fine, the J pickup seemed to have a weak output.  Talking to few owners this seems to have been a common issue and many of these have had various pickup changes.

The price is £150 for the bass with the Overwater pickups.  If you'd like the Di Marzio items left in then the price will be £240.  Still an excellent value package in my view. 

I would much prefer to arrange to meet up/deliver/have the bass collected so you can see it in the flesh.  If it is to be a courier then I will get it all packed up for you and you can arrange shipment at your convenience.

Happy to answer any questions or for anybody to try the bass out.  Here are a few pics, please let me know if you'd like to see anything in more detail and I'll do my best:

Thanks for looking.

5a92d283e39b1_CJ01.thumb.jpg.91a201fd62c34d1d712bca695224d267.jpg 

Edited by ead

I have one of these as my cheap festival bass which I don’t mind getting knocked around, great bass for the money, mine is a little on the heavy side but hay, it costs £150 and is still lighter than most late 70s Fenders...

Edited by Creeper
  • Like 1

On 25/02/2018 at 16:08, Creeper said:

I have one of these as my cheap festival bass which I don’t mind getting knocked around, great bass for the money, mine is a little on the heavy side but hay, it costs £150 and is still lighter than most late 70s Fenders...

Probably better made as well :)

I had one of these, and if I hadn't gone fretless I'd still have it.