Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN - TC Electronic BG500 210 combo
£200

disgrace of bass

I purchased this from TheGreek of this parish a short while back, and I have to say its a lot of combo for the money! I was downsizing, and felt a solid state powerful combo was a low cost way to keep up the bass playing...well the GAS bit back with a vengeance (and I found myself welcomed back into a rejuvenated band!), and I now have a couple of other amps to play with that make this one a bit superfluous.

History - when I bought it from Mick, neither of us noticed that the side panel had a large crack in it - it was covered by the carpet, but closer examination revealed that there was 'movement' in the joint that separated the head from the speaker cab section. Upshot of this, a mortified Mick/TheGreek (who is a top fella and offered to refund me on the spot!), and me consulting a woodworking friend who guided me through the repair. The reason for the crack remains a mystery, as there are no signs of damage due to dropping or impact - one wonders whether it had had it from new? A strange one, but the good news is a very solid repair, and electronically its a fully working amp! I state this to be fully transparent!

Other than the repair which is only noticeable because of the two parallel cut lines in the sidewall carpet covering (see photos), its in superb condition and a very low cost way to play a solid 500W through a 2x10 speaker combination! Its loud and very versatile. Comes with a super quality padded amp cover.

Collection only from Cheshunt, Hertfordshire, although I'm perfectly willing to discuss meeting at not too great a distance from me. Its compact enough should you wish to transport it in a small car or on a train, but I'd advise a small trolley, as you won't want to carry it a long distance.

£200 is what I paid Mick for it, and its had about £20 spent on a decent cabinet repair, I'm happy to take what I paid for it, £200 cash on collection. Feel free to message any questions. I will put it up on evilBay, but at a higher price - Basschatters will get a better deal on this

Edited by disgrace of bass
Withdrawn

Just to confirm Phil's version of events. I bought this here and though it is an awesome amp it didn't impress me as a lover of the vintage Trace Elliot tones.

Plenty loud with that programmable feature that outsmarted me at every turn - learn to use this and I'm sure it can be an even more impressive bit of kit. Not lightweight but not unmanageable either - IIRC the head can be removed so combining it with your favourite lightweight cabs is not a problem. A 500w combo for this price is not something to be sniffed at.

Phil's a top fella to trade with and an asset to this forum - would not hesitate to deal with him again.