Why become a member? ×

Le Fay Pangton 6 Headless ´89
£2130

Weed_

Heavy heart, I am parting ways with this beautiful bass, since I fell in love with another...again :).

It was my main bass for around a year, nothing bad I can say about it, except that the great sound also comes with great weight. However, everyone who knows Le Fay, knows that they are incredible ergonomic basses and balances so well on the strap, that you will soon forget about it. It really is the work of art and one of first series ever to be made by Le Fay. Slightly different shape than the new Pangtons (starting at 4840€) but just as good sounding.

I bought it from the first owner about a year ago and am starting the price at 50% of new.

Specifications:

36” scale

Ebony fret board

24 frets

Wenge body with paduk set neck

Le Fay humbuckers with ebony frames

2 volumes + filter

5,5 Kg

It has 2 flaws:

-I had small strap accident, that left him with scar(crack) on the lower side(check photos). I wanted to send it to Reiner(maker) but he told me it is no big deal and any tech can easily fix it. However it did not bother me after few days and did not affect playing nor sound so I did not fix it.

-the original screw thread on 6th string was profesionally replaced for new(by previous owner) works flawless

Other than that, there are some signs that bass have been played but really good condition for its age. The volume pots does make a sound every now and then.

Really great bass overall, unique ergonomic shape, incredible rich and full B string, plenty of harmonics everywhere, resonates like crazy unplugged through your body.

IMG_7128.jpg

IMG_7131.jpg

IMG_7134.jpg

IMG_7133.jpg

IMG_7132.jpg

IMG_7130.jpg

IMG_7129.jpg

IMG_7148.jpg

IMG_7147.jpg

IMG_7146.jpg

IMG_7145.jpg

IMG_7144.jpg

IMG_7142.jpg

IMG_7141.jpg

IMG_7139.jpg

IMG_7150.jpg

IMG_5999.jpg

IMG_5998.jpg

IMG_6009.jpg

IMG_6011.jpg

IMG_6002.jpg

IMG_6003.jpg

IMG_6006.jpg

IMG_6005.jpg

IMG_6008.jpg

IMG_6001.jpg

IMG_6009-2.jpg

Edited by Weed_
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The only thing better than one sixstring bass is... two sixstring basses!

The only thing better than two sixstring basses is... three sixstring basses!

The only thing better than three sixstring basses is... four sixstring basses!

The only thing better than four sixstring basses is... five sixstring basses!

to be continued

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It is a real shame for such a good bass, to collect dust(it doesn’t actually, safely stored :))

I am open for trades for moog SUB 37 or Voyager, also interested in Upright acoustic basses and studio gear, specially good mics.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...