Why become a member? ×

Ashdown Mibass 2.0. Big problem (Resolved)...

itsmedunc

Sounds like you need some of that famous Ashdown customer service that everybody else seems to get!

Hopefully their rep here can chime in and mail the correct driver to you, a bit silly letting it leave the factory like that and good you spotted it before anything nasty occurred.

8 hours ago, Graham said:

What I find baffling here is Ashdown think £25.13 + shipping and VAT is worth more to them than their reputation.

The £30 of goods-will from sending one FOC to the OP would be worth far more than they'd get from £30 of marketing budget

Yes, that's a pretty poor show. :| I expected Ashdown (anybody, really!!!) to do a lot better than this thread is showing. With every communication it reminds me of those music shops I'd visit as a teenager where the owner would invariably tell you whatever made up story to sell you what they had rather than what you wanted...

I haven't used Ashdown in years (I used to have an MAG250 and a 115 cab) and I'm not really looking to change my current equipment... but I'm less than enthusiastic about recommending Ashdown to anybody these days...

Our very own eude put me onto Lee at Ashdown and he emailed me back with a very positive response. He is going to contact me again in the morning. Thanks everyone, I'll let you know what happens. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, itsmedunc said:

Our very own eude put me onto Lee at Ashdown and he emailed me back with a very positive response. He is going to contact me again in the morning. Thanks everyone, I'll let you know what happens. 

Delighted to be able to help dude, a lot of us on here are surprised at how this has gone down, it's not how Ashdown operate, I expect some heads may roll once this thread catches the attention of the high heid yins...

13 hours ago, lemmywinks said:

Sounds like you need some of that famous Ashdown customer service that everybody else seems to get!

Hopefully their rep here can chime in and mail the correct driver to you, a bit silly letting it leave the factory like that and good you spotted it before anything nasty occurred.

IME and from what I read on here, Ashdown customer service is either excellent, way beyond the normal, or completely indifferent to the point of ignorance. There seems to be no middle ground. It also seems to be very difficult to get a poor initial response turned into an excellent resolution without a lot of badgering.

Lee from Ashdown has just been in contact and informs me that there's a spanking new driver on it's way to me gratis! He also pointed out that I should never have been asked to pay for one in the first place and would never have happened if he had been aware of the situation. The man is a gent and I wish I'd dealt with him from the beginning. My faith in Ashdown has been restored!

Thanks everyone! :D

• Like 7

9 hours ago, BigRedX said:

IME and from what I read on here, Ashdown customer service is either excellent, way beyond the normal, or completely indifferent to the point of ignorance. There seems to be no middle ground. It also seems to be very difficult to get a poor initial response turned into an excellent resolution without a lot of badgering.

I got no response after I had problems with my Superfly, similar situation to yours. Fortunately mine was still within warranty so the shop covered repair twice and I ended up getting enough use out of the amp to make it worth £199. Seems like everyone who had that amp got ignored, I think it's a part of their history they seem very eager to forget. 

It put me off buying Ashdown again (and I spent a fortune on rigs over the next few years), a stance which was strengthened when I used one of their higher end combos that sounded like diarrhea in the bath.

Problem fixed! The new driver arrived today. It's now fitted and all is sounding pretty good. Lee chucked in some Ashdown freebies too. I can sit in the freezing North with my Ashdown hat on, drinking a hot cup of tea from my Ashdown cup and rest it upon my Ashdown coasters! :D

All in all, I'm very pleased with the outcome. A big thanks to eude and Lee for sorting it. :drinks:

• Like 7

29 minutes ago, itsmedunc said:

Problem fixed! The new driver arrived today. It's now fitted and all is sounding pretty good. Lee chucked in some Ashdown freebies too. I can sit in the freezing North with my Ashdown hat on, drinking a hot cup of tea from my Ashdown cup and rest it upon my Ashdown coasters! :D

All in all, I'm very pleased with the outcome. A big thanks to eude and Lee for sorting it. :drinks:

I love it when a plan comes together :)

Eude

• Thanks 1

On 3/28/2018 at 10:03, itsmedunc said:

Lee from Ashdown has just been in contact and informs me that there's a spanking new driver on it's way to me gratis! He also pointed out that I should never have been asked to pay for one in the first place and would never have happened if he had been aware of the situation. The man is a gent and I wish I'd dealt with him from the beginning. My faith in Ashdown has been restored!

Thanks everyone! :D

Finally! :)

Pleased someone at last did the right thing in Ashdown. It just goes to show that if you think you have a case, don't take the first reply you get if you don't think it's fair. You just might be talking to the wrong person, so insist.

On 29/03/2018 at 15:17, itsmedunc said:

I'm very glad you ended up with the proper fix for your problem, this is how it should have been handled after the first contact. Kudos to Eude for leading you in the right direction. One more win for BC ;)
Enjoy your "new" rig!

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...