Why become a member? ×

Zoom B1on

ProjeKtWEREWOLF

Oops. Just bought a Zoom B1on from Amazon. £45!! HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE!?

I was after a headphone amp for when I'm travelling, but figured for an extra tenner, I could get a tuner, looper, amp sim, drum beats etc. It's not going to be used on stage. I have a dedicated bunch of pedals for that. It will be just for home use via headphones. 

Anyone else have one? 

5 hours ago, Derek1071 said:

Yes, for the same purpose ie home practice. Amazing for the money really. 

How do you power Yours? I didn't buy the power adaptor. Will use rechargeable AA enloop batteries when I have to , but can I use other types of power adaptors? Thanks 

Edited by ProjeKtWEREWOLF
Damn you autocorrect!

11 minutes ago, ProjeKtWEREWOLF said:

How do you power Yours? I didn't buy the power adaptor. Will use rechargeable AS enloop batteries when I have to , but can I use other types of power adaptors? Thanks 

I have the B1-Xon.  I bought an adaptor from Ebay for mine which worked fine, then I put it on a pedalboard and ran it from a standard multi power supply, equally with no problems.  However, I had it for a few months first on only batteries, and I used it a fair bit without having to change them.

I wish I used mine more, but I don't currently play much music that requires FX, and because I've mounted it on a board setup, it makes messing about with it at home less practical without pulling it all apart.

I do like the drum machine/loop functions when I have played with it though.

• Like 1

Brilliant bit of swiss-army-knife kit. I used the drum loops to keep my band rehearsing while we were between drummers.

I get a decent life out of mine with rechargable batteries*, and it also works fine on a generic USB mains adaptor - either one from my phone or my Kindle.

I have the B1Xon version, but I honestly don't get much use out of the expression pedal. It's super useful on the guitar version though (G1Xon).

* The same cannot be said for the MS-60B, which eats rechargeables like popcorn.

33 minutes ago, discreet said:

Check out the compressors, pre amps and amp sims. I hardly ever used mine for actual FX.

1 hour ago, Huge Hands said:

...wish I used mine more, but I don't currently play much music that requires FX, compressors, pre amps and amp sims.

Fixed :P