Why become a member? ×

Fender Precision Bass 1960 Refinished SOLD
£4750

Hi All,

If you've lusted after an early slab board Precision Bass but can't quite bring yourself to spend those big bucks, this might be for you....

Up for sale is my light relic nitro refin late '60 / early '61 Precision with its beaten, but OHSC.  A terrific player and light at 8.7lbs.

Body dates to 08/60, Pots 60/47, neck 01/61.

All original apart from the body only refinish - only slight issue being that the tips of the pickguard at both horns have broken off - not uncommon on this vintage of bass.

The refinish was professionally carried out at Gruhn Guitars in Nashville, who also refretted the bass.  The neck is worn smooth and there is the ubiquitous fag burn on the headstock.

Any questions please do PM me - feel free to arrange to come and view / play with no obligation - I live near Woking in Surrey.

Cheers, Si

eDX8kA.jpg

Ms7t1P.jpg

afMxXw.jpg

NNPeTu.jpg

LAXYYi.jpg

CruLq3.jpg

VqmKdq.jpg

N7XeQq.jpg

F3UzAK.jpg

MEzVVk.jpg

byYFjl.jpg

Edited by 0353203
Sold
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Sparky Mark said:

Strictly speaking Fenders are dated by when they are assembled, which in this case must have been after the neck was produced in 1961. Beautiful refinish, good luck with your sale.

That makes it year of birth for me then. Thank goodness I'm a Jazz Bass kinda guy! Lovely bass.

This looks very nice indeed. Great refinish and by Gruhn Guitars too - that's a bonus for the buyer here!

All those 1960 dates and a neck date of January 1961 suggests it's pretty much a mid to late 1960 bass to me.

Probably finished off after the Christmas break! 

These are getting harder to find too...Very nice.

It's a BEAUTY. Should be advertised as 1961, because it was joined together in 1961. This is 3rd month production of "pat. pend" numbers on the headstock logo. 

Those early black rosewood necks are just awesome. I have '60 P with slab board and just it KILLS everything else.

Beautiful refin on this one!

7 hours ago, boroman said:

It's a BEAUTY. Should be advertised as 1961, because it was joined together in 1961. This is 3rd month production of "pat. pend" numbers on the headstock logo. 

Those early black rosewood necks are just awesome. I have '60 P with slab board and just it KILLS everything else.

Beautiful refin on this one!

In my defence I do say its a late 60 / early 61.  The two numbers started to be added under the logo in October 1960.