Why become a member? ×

Boss OC2 huge volume drop

Awhats

The solo octave is sightly lower in volume than the clean tone, but it should be plenty loud enough with the dry mixed in.

Is yours the old one that takes the 12V ACA adapter though? If so, either try it at 12V, or if you have a shared power supply / daisy chain, it will run fine at 9V when sharing power with another pedal due to some electronics wizardry I don't quite understand but can assure is correct!

Edited by dannybuoy

59 minutes ago, dannybuoy said:

The solo octave is sightly lower in volume than the clean tone, but it should be plenty loud enough with the dry mixed in.

Is yours the old one that takes the 12V ACA adapter though? If so, either try it at 12V, or if you have a shared power supply / daisy chain, it will run fine at 9V when sharing power with another pedal due to some electronics wizardry I don't quite understand but can assure is correct!

Cheers for the reply, i

Unfortunately i'm finding it to be loads quieter with solo octave, and even solo dry signal is far quieter than the pedal turned off.  It is an ACA one, but I've tried it with 12v power supply, 9v power supply (with other pedals) and with a battery, none of which seems to make a difference. Luckily the seller is being really reasonable about it and has offered to refund. Thanks anyway man