Why become a member? ×

Does the Barefaced Two10 sound the same as a pair of One10s?

Tradfusion

Yeah, when I had the Two10 & Four10 I`m pretty sure I`d have got the tone I was after if all speakers had been full range, but then I need a lot of treble/twang and the low-only cones made this almost impossible. Great sounding cabs for anything else though, am pretty sure in later life if I have a change of music genre I`ll be back to a couple of the Two10s.

• Like 1

I use two One 10s as well as a Four 10, so cannot directly compare with a Two 10 but my gut is that you will barely notice a difference, if any. This topic has been addressed on Talkbass and I think the consensus was that the low end and mids would be identical and you might marginally notice more highs due to the low pass crossover on one speaker in the Two 10. In reality I honestly don't think you would notice. Two One 10s make a wonderfully portable and modular syatem. I never cease to be amazed at how much a single One 10 cab can fill a small to medium room - I recently ran a side by side  comparison of a single One 10 with an Ampeg 212AV for a couple of bass players and they were amazed that in a medium room it could match the 212AV with no sign of farting out. This was with a Mesa 800+ and a touch of HPF for both.

That said, if playing with a drummer I always take two of the One 10s or the Four 10  - just because I can:D

• Like 1