Why become a member? ×

Female bass Players? How many do you know of in UK?

redpaintings@yahoo.com

On 2/24/2018 at 12:51, lowdown said:

Although Rebecca is terrific, (a decent singer as well), I think the OP is after UK players.

I thought Rebecca was from the UK?

Interesting not many big name lady bass players in the UK. I can't think of. Not any in the USA either. Well not that I personally would consider a competent accomplished bass guitarist except for Carol Kaye.

Blue

Edited by Bluewine

On 2/24/2018 at 12:51, lowdown said:

Although Rebecca is terrific, (a decent singer as well), I think the OP is after UK players.

Speaking of Rebecca.

As I look at her video clips I'm surprised at the very small type of venues she plays considering how talented she is.

I think she should be playing 150- 200 seat venues 4 nights a week.

Our Samantha Fish is doing it. However who knows, I'd bet their life circumstances are different.

Blue

19 hours ago, arthurhenry said:

Wouldn't it be nice if there was a roughly 50/50 mix of men and women on basschat?

Nice as though that may be if "BassDate" is your desired outcome, wouldn't it strike you as a bit weird if it were actually the case?

After all, what would you guess the ratio of male to female bass players "out there" is? 20 to 1?