Why become a member? ×

Female bass Players? How many do you know of in UK?

redpaintings@yahoo.com

1 hour ago, super al said:

@Geek99

I could've recommended a holiday let for you in nearby Wellow. Great base for exploring the New Forest and close to Paultons Park. 

Peppa Pig World has definitely put Paultons Park on the map.

thank you but its little one's birthday and she loves hotels. 

• Like 1

On 2/22/2018 at 15:45, Lozz196 said:

... have read on here that one of the female bassists on here has mentioned that people think it strange that ladies play bass.

That was probably me, I made a comment like that recently. Would love to be in a better band than I am, but doubt I'm up to the standard the OP is looking for.

+1 to Victoria Smith and Constance Redgrave, although that doesn't help.

Used to bump into a bassist called Eilis Phillips on the singer-songwriter circuit round London. She’s as good a bass player as she is tiny... and she’s really rather short! Lol!

Then there’s Jo Wadeson who’s played with Thea Gilmore and The Waterboys. Top player.

Carrie Melbourne who plays bass and Chapman Stick. Wonder what she’s doing these days.

Wonder if Clare Kenny’s doing much playing these days? Always liked her back in the late 80s/early 90s. Has a lovely Aria red back then.

Also, if you’re looking for young female players for a bona fide touring band, contact one of the colleges like ACM, BIMM or whatever to see if they have senior students looking for live touring experience.

On 22/02/2018 at 15:19, dood said:

Plenty, many.. they don't come to BassChat though.

Is that because BC is gear-geek heaven and the ladies' approach to bass playing is more centred on the emotion of music and performance? 

Edited by Al Krow