Why become a member? ×

Female bass Players? How many do you know of in UK?

redpaintings@yahoo.com

Wondering how many solid female bass players are there out there? Seems to be be a lot of male bass players but not so many woman. Hopefully I am wrong. Please post if you are a female bass player or know of any solid players in UK. Links, video/s would be ace.

Thanks

Edited by [email protected]

19 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

Wondering how many solid female bass players are there out there? Seems to be be a lot of male bass players but not so many woman. Hopefully I am wrong. Please post if you are a female bass player or know of any solid players in UK. Links, video/s would be ace.

Thanks

Plenty, many.. they don't come to BassChat though.

Not UK, but I played in Greece last weekend and of the 6 bands on the bill 2 of the bassists were female. I never think of it as a gender thing, it`s an instrument, they`re not gender specific, though have read on here that one of the female bassists on here has mentioned that people think it strange that ladies play bass. Don`t know why, maybe it`s to do with the size of the instrument and that in general ladies are smaller than men, so people questioning the reach element maybe?

2 minutes ago, Lozz196 said:

Not UK, but I played in Greece last weekend and of the 6 bands on the bill 2 of the bassists were female. I never think of it as a gender thing, it`s an instrument, they`re not gender specific, though have read on here that one of the female bassists on here has mentioned that people think it strange that ladies play bass. Don`t know why, maybe it`s to do with the size of the instrument and that in general ladies are smaller than men, so people questioning the reach element maybe?

yea you are right but reason i a asking as I am searching for female bass player for a certain project. May I ask who the female bass player was on this forum?

There are 3 female bass players I can think of instantly, on this forum
I know of a few locally to me too. But you're quite right, there probably are fewer females playing bass
Then again, there are also fewer guitarists and drummers too - and probably musicians in general, sadly....

If you are looking for a female bass player for a specific project - you may wish to put your location on your profile....
Also, you could place an advert in the musicians wanted section....

5 minutes ago, Marc S said:

There are 3 female bass players I can think of instantly, on this forum
I know of a few locally to me too. But you're quite right, there probably are fewer females playing bass
Then again, there are also fewer guitarists and drummers too - and probably musicians in general, sadly....

If you are looking for a female bass player for a specific project - you may wish to put your location on your profile....
Also, you could place an advert in the musicians wanted section....

Good advice and yes sadly this be true for most instruments. I have used wanted section but was also curious to start general conversation to see how many female bass players were actually out there and peoples thoughts on this.