Why become a member? ×

Wilcock London

only4

1 hour ago, Skybone said:

No experience, but the name did pop up on "that other site" the other day, so I had a look on their website. The "Short Horn" design would appear to be a cross between a Wal and a Shergold (to my eyes at least). He does a "Long Horn" too.

Only as far as body shape goes!

I'd spoken to them via email when I was considering getting a custom P built, but they didn't seem interested in changing any of their standard specs to meet my requirements (neck profile, fingerboard radius, nut width). Nice looking basses though.

I tried the short scale one at the Gallery. Was a fun bass with a punchy/ Stingrayish tone (P bass at a push). I'm not a big one for short scale though but it sounded good, was very playable and was clearly a well made instrument. Light and well balanced too.

Next time I'm in there I'll try the 34 inch scale version if it's still there. 

Always great to see a new luthier on the block. 

Edited by Cairobill

On 22/02/2018 at 09:00, Bigwan said:

Only as far as body shape goes!

I'd spoken to them via email when I was considering getting a custom P built, but they didn't seem interested in changing any of their standard specs to meet my requirements (neck profile, fingerboard radius, nut width). Nice looking basses though.

Ah. Saves me asking if they’d do different pickup configurations then.

not sure the body shape and Telebass headstock match for me - they look nicely made though.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys! 

I can vouch for Wilcock, myself and Fretless Bob have helped him (it's a one man operation) develop his models to what they are now. He does have a clear idea of what he wants, so things like different pickup combinations don't really happen, but, he enjoy's working with people on their ideas. :) Also, he's trying out the B90 pickup in a new Wilcock bass. I'm looking forward to that...

Edited by RichZbaraski
  • Like 1

On 10/03/2018 at 18:24, RichZbaraski said:

Hey guys! 

I can vouch for Wilcock, myself and Fretless Bob have helped him (it's a one man operation) develop his models to what they are now. He does have a clear idea of what he wants, so things like different pickup combinations don't really happen, but, he enjoy's working with people on their ideas. :) Also, he's trying out the B90 pickup in a new Wilcock bass. I'm looking forward to that...

Thanks for the info.

I'm curious about how the short scale neck feels to play, some short scale basses I've played have really slim/thin necks which to me don't feel comfortable.

The short scale Spector i have has a neck that feels like a standard bass just without the reach, which is perfect.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...