Why become a member? ×

Feedback?

thebrig

Sorry if I am being a complete numpty, but I have to admit that despite being a member since 2010, I'm still not sure how to leave feedback.

Do we have to go into feedback and then search for the member's name, if so, wouldn't it be better to have a "leave feedback option" when clicking the member's profile such as this?

BC.jpg

23 minutes ago, TheGreek said:

I hadn't noticed this option - I normally go to the "Feedback" thread, type the members name in the search facility and leave feedback in the same way you'd leave any contribution.

The pic is something I knocked up as a example of what I think would make it easier for leaving feedback.

I have sold and purchased probably in excess of fifty items on BassChat over the years, if I search "the brig" in Feedback, nothing comes up, I managed to find one feedback thread for myself by going through page after page, and when I did find a feedback thread for myself, there are only four posts in it.

Now I'm not too bothered about feedback for myself, but I do like to leave feedback for others and I just wish there was an easier way of doing it.

The new site is great, I just think that it's a pity it hasn't been made easier to leave feedback.

Yeah we’d like to have a better more baked in system but the software is pretty much an off the shelf item. We wrote our own marketplace software by adapting what the software provides so tying in something like this whilst possible would take quite a lot of work to make sure it is stable and to ensure nothing ended up getting lost due to general software updates. 

It it is however in our list of things to develop in our test environment along with other plans such as a location field for sellers and a better format for the reviews section. 

For now, best thing to do it to make yourself  feedback thread and ask people to leave comments there. 

Cheers

ped

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fleabag said:

Probably - not everyone bothers to have a link, just like some dont bother having their location

Ouch!

Seriously though, I've always included my location since 2010, but like most members, it disappeared when the site was upgraded and I keep telling myself I will have to re-add it, sadly being an old git, my memory is not what it used to be, but I will actually do it now before I forget.

Now what was it I was going to do?:S

• Haha 1