Why become a member? ×

51 p body with jazz neck

hooky_lowdown

You guys that have modded your Harley Bentons, did you have any issues with the neck pockets with replacement necks? I have a HB Fretless Jazz and I have been keeping my eye out for a HB Precision neck or other P bass neck so that I can get more use from the bass. I just cant get on with Jazz width nut and fretless is of limited use in my current band.

Edited by NJE

37 minutes ago, NJE said:

You guys that have modded your Harley Bentons, did you have any issues with the neck pockets with replacement necks? I have a HB Fretless Jazz and I have been keeping my eye out for a HB Precision neck or other P bass neck so that I can get more use from the bass. I just cant get on with Jazz width nut and fretless is of limited use in my current band.

I swapped necks on different HB basses: put a fretless Jazz neck onto the PB50 body, the fretted PB50's neck onto the Jazz body, then I got a lefty Jazz neck for the PB50, as mentioned above. I found the neck heels and pockets do fit, but the neck bolts are not aligned. You need to fill the holes in the neck heel drill new ones.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Tweedledum said:

You can get a complete HB bass for less than what you'd pay for a Warmoth neck. Only problem is what to do with the spare HB body... ;)

I have been keeping an eye out for HB basses secondhand but had the same thought, I then have a fretless neck on another body that won’t get used very much taking up room.

I could have worse problems though. 😄

On 27/02/2018 at 12:25, Tweedledum said:

You can get a complete HB bass for less than what you'd pay for a Warmoth neck. Only problem is what to do with the spare HB body... ;)

Whizz all the lacquer off, give it a good rub down with beeswax and mineral oil, stick some little rubber pads on front and chop yer cheese uo on the back. 

Works best with a slab body.