Why become a member? ×

*** SOLD *** Fender jazz bass American vintage reissue 62 (1998)
£1350

Rogerbass66

I have one of these (AVRI - 20yrs old) and the scratch plate trussed area is much the same....IMHO its authentic of the era when the QC wasn't what a Custom Shop model would be in 2018

• Haha 1

Hi

here is a 2001 62 AVRI at Andy baxter

http://andybaxterbass.com/details.php?id=813

here is photo of pickguard showing truss rod point and of body with guard off

i think what you have is a non original guard and it also looks like a route has been made in the body under the truss rod cavity on the guard - both these modifications would allow truss rod adjustment without need to take off neck

image.png

image.png

9 minutes ago, gareth said:

Hi

here is a 2001 62 AVRI at Andy baxter

http://andybaxterbass.com/details.php?id=813

here is photo of pickguard showing truss rod point and of body with guard off

i think what you have is a non original guard and it also looks like a route has been made in the body under the truss rod cavity on the guard - both these modifications would allow truss rod adjustment without need to take off neck

image.png

image.png

as it was in origin, for regulating the truss rod had to take apart pickguard and the neck , because the access in that point was very difficult for thescrewdriver .

...yes, I totally agree

2 hours ago, Petey said:

...yes, I totally agree

Hi Bro, is all original is made by my luthier only that small modification on the pickguard and slightly dug in that point the body, in order to approach the truss rod , It is not nothing of serious, the job is made much good from a professional :

So what you are saying then is  - that you have had the pickguard 'modified' for easier truss rod adjustment....this in 'some peoples'  view will devalue the originality of the instrument as the build was 'meant' to be based on the 1962 approach of  that time ....

1 hour ago, Petey said:

So what you are saying then is  - that you have had the pickguard 'modified' for easier truss rod adjustment....this in 'some peoples'  view will devalue the originality of the instrument as the build was 'meant' to be based on the 1962 approach of  that time ....

I am of the opinion, than the instruments they are bought for being used and they do not give to hold like collection, and a small modification asthis does not bring no damage to the instrument,indeed it returns it still functional 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/3/2018 at 22:02, Rogerbass66 said:

IMG_20180304_215446.jpg

The pickguard it is original, my luthier has made job in order to approach the truss rod more comfortably , unfortunately to this bass for regulating the truss rod must take apart the handle, with that executed job does not have to take apart it .

• 3 weeks later...

What everyone is saying is that it is more practical and functional, but it is less original. Putting Hipshot quick-release bridge makes it more functional, but makes it less original. Putting an active preamp makes it more functional, but less original. Putting on an adjustable nut and locking tuners makes it more functional, but less original.

People but the American Vintage series because they are faithful to the original Fenders of the time. Modifications like the trussrod slot devalue such instruments.