Why become a member? ×

Cheaper Alternatives to Official Bags

SamPlaysBass

I like keeping gear safe, but I'm really not into paying £50-100 for a BAG. Has anyone found any cheaper alternatives to official gig bags? I've found:

A TC Electronic BH250 fits wonderfully into one of these Eden WTX bags. £20 for a really well made bag with enough room for a kettle lead and a speakon cable (or 2 short ones at a push). There's about an 1.5cm of space between the 'lid' and the front dials, but the amp is so light and so nicely fitting that it never moved. 9/10 - Highly recommended.

https://www.pmtonline.co.uk/eden-covr-70003-padded-shoulder-bag-for-wtx-heads

I'm also using a Gator Multi FX bag for my GK 700rb ii - This one is more well documented and I've found the bag to be useful and well padded - 7.5/10. Fits with a little room to spare, and the front pocket swallows a kettle lead, 2 speakon cables and still has room to spare. £27 delivered is much better than the nearly £80 GK want for their version.

https://www.andertons.co.uk/gator-guitar-multi-fx-unit-bag-gk2110?LGWCODE=GK2110;56375;6335&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI86v-oeO12QIV4bDtCh0reA3zEAQYASABEgIWzfD_BwE

Any other cheapskate alternatives for other amps/gear etc.? I've just taken delivery of a Markbass LM3, and don't fancy shelling out £50 on the official bag. Any unofficial bags that fit the bill? I've heard laptop or mixer cases to be useful for all sorts of class D heads. 

IMG_9408.JPG

IMG_8596.JPG

Gator make so many decent quality bags and cases of varying shapes and sizes. They’re all really reasonably priced, especially compared to their official/manufacturer equivalents and in many cases (pun intended) the Gator versions are of a higher quality too.

I have the one designed to fit the Behringer XR12/18 mixers which I instead use as a  “pedalboard first aid kit” with a load of patch cables, power leads, Velcro, adapters, etc - it does the job perfectly.

I recently paid £63 for an official speaker bag, I hated every minute of the buying process and clicked "confirm" with gritted teeth, facing away from the laptop and swearing under my breath. I hate upcharges on accessories that should really come free with the product at the £500+ price point.

Agree on Gator stuff, great quality gear at very reasonable prices and seem to be very well though out products compared to what else is on the market too. Our keyboard player has their ABS case and even though it's bigger and heavier than his old one it's much easier to carry and wheel around.