Why become a member? ×

Warwick Streamer - not quite what it first appears.

FDC484950

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Warwick-Streamer-LX-Jazzman-4-Electric-Bass-Guitar/202124878762?hash=item2f0f94e3aa:g:2r8AAOSwH2VaGafd

Looks nice at first glance, some minor dings but not too bad a price. However... after asking for more info it appears that the truss rod went belly up, the fingerboard has been taken off, truss rod replaced, new fingerboard and re-fretted with stainless steel frets, plus the body has at some point had another coat of stain and the neck has been shaved. None of which appears in the ad! Caveat emptor...

Yup it was! I had all this work done by Jon Shuker when I managed to snap the truss rod! I think tbh it's probably at least as good, if not better than when it left the factory spec wise. The neck was thinned slightly when the fingerboard was taken off (front to back) and a new higher spec trus rod, wenge fret board with some very well installed and finished stainless steel frets were added. Jon does some great refinishing work. The body had another blue tint applied over it to hide some previously done body surface damage, the neck also has a light coat of PU on it to prevent it from shifting in the future. I sold it on here for a while back for peanuts!

Edited by jimbobothy
Gramer an Speling ;-)