Why become a member? ×

Bizarre but true musical collaborations?

MacDaddy

57 minutes ago, casapete said:

Here's one I'd forgotten, got a mention on Radio 2 this morning.  Plus rather, errm... interesting Wogan TV show clip.

This came on the radio once and my wife said, “Is that the song with Cliff Richard and Van... Van... erm Van... ...Halen?” I nearly had a hernia from laughing!!!!

5 hours ago, LeftyJ said:

Nick Cave & Kylie Minogue

Bone Thugs n Harmony & Phil Collins

Lady Gaga & Metallica at the Superbowl

Sorry to be late to the party - I only just saw this thread. I was going to mention Nick Cave & Kylie
It's something that you might take almost for granted now - as it has been years....
But back then (1996) it seemed such a bizarre collaboration.... I remember being shocked! lol

Didn't a couple of the Sex Pistols (Cook & Jones) also work with Phil Lynott?

Edited by Marc S

6 hours ago, Marc S said:

Sorry to be late to the party - I only just saw this thread. I was going to mention Nick Cave & Kylie
It's something that you might take almost for granted now - as it has been years....
But back then (1996) it seemed such a bizarre collaboration.... I remember being shocked! lol

Didn't a couple of the Sex Pistols (Cook & Jones) also work with Phil Lynott?

There ya go...

• Thanks 1

On 22/02/2018 at 16:44, Cat Burrito said:

Bob Dylan co-wrote Waiting for the Morning Light with Kiss bassist Gene Simmons (on Simmon's 2nd solo album). Dylan also had Mick Jones from the Clash in his touring band at one point.

Talking of Kiss, Lou Reed co-wrote A World Without Heroes on the infamous Elder album, and Bryan Adams contributed to Creatures Of The Night. 

Maybe not exactly the most bizarre of collaborations but one where all of the musicians or their bands have been mentioned previously was The Rockers. They comprised of Phil Lynott, Roy Wood, Chas Hodges and John Coghlan and recorded one single - a medley of old rock 'n' roll tunes.

The video features a different drummer - looks like Bev Bevan I think.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Cat Burrito said:

No, although he did too and probably more high profile. Dylan came to a few Clash shows and, Mick Jones aside, Paul Simonon actually played on Dylan's dreadful 1988 Down in the Groove LP too. 

I'm a big Clash/Mescaleros/Big Audio/Havana 3 AM fan and never heard this--surprised.