Why become a member? ×

Bizarre but true musical collaborations?

MacDaddy

2 hours ago, BigRedX said:

Before anyone else mentions it:

Scott Walker and Sunn 0)))

2 hours ago, radiophonic said:

I didn't think the Scott Walker / Sunn O))) one was weird at all. Good album. Metallica and Lou Reed on the other hand... 

It's probably weird if you only know Scott Walker from his days with the Walker Brothers. If you're familiar the three or four albums he released before the Sunn O))) collaboration, then it just seems like a perfectly logical progression!

I still think it's one of the best new albums I've heard in the last few years.

2 hours ago, BigRedX said:

Before anyone else mentions it:

Scott Walker and Sunn 0)))

2 hours ago, radiophonic said:

I didn't think the Scott Walker / Sunn O))) one was weird at all. Good album. Metallica and Lou Reed on the other hand... 

1 minute ago, EliasMooseblaster said:

It's probably weird if you only know Scott Walker from his days with the Walker Brothers. If you're familiar the three or four albums he released before the Sunn O))) collaboration, then it just seems like a perfectly logical progression!

I still think it's one of the best new albums I've heard in the last few years.

IIRC the Scott Walker/Sunn O))) colab was meant to be some the Monoliths and Dimensions album. But ended up doing a whole, different, album. 

I still can't decide if I like Soused or not. I definitely need to be in the right mood for it.

The Scaffold's Lily the Pink "Backing vocalists on the recording included Graham Nash (of The Hollies), Elton John (then Reg Dwight), and Tim Rice;[1] while Jack Bruce (of Cream) played thebass guitar"
The band have also said that a little known guitarist called Jimi Hendrix did some session work for them around that time and that he might well have also been on that record.

Not to speak ill of the dead, but I'm not sure this was anybody's finest hour.

Although, listening to it again for the first time in a long time, it does have an almost Jim-Morrison-going-off-on-one Doors like quality.

Not sure if that's a positive or not.

Edited by Cato

John Paul Jones played on and did arrangements on recordings for an absolute shedload of bands and solo performers during the 60s, from the Shadows to Donovan to Dusty Springfield via the Rolling Stones.

He also wrote the strings arrangement for REM's 'Everybody Hurts'.