Why become a member? ×

What's the one song you'd play live with the original band given the chance?

Beedster

Wateroftyne's rather nice tale here ......

....and specifically his playing Video Killed the Radio Star with Trevor Horn, got me asking myself what would be the song I'd most like to play live with the original band/original member(s) in a decent venue in front of a decent crowd. I'm gonna have a think about it, in the meantime, any takers?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Japhet said:

Shipbuilding with Robert Wyatt.

Oh good choice sir. One of my favourite songs ever.

My personal choice would be Once Around The World with the original It Bites lineup. Or perhaps Milliontown with Frost*.

1 hour ago, ead said:

Assuming I had the talent, then anything from the Graceland album.

Funny that, I was going to suggest either Diamonds or Under African Skies, but I suspect if I were being really honest it would be something like December '63 or The Night by Franki Valli, both tracks that got me into bass in the first place. Would kinda like to do Suspicious minds with Elvis' 68 band also :)

39 minutes ago, ricksterphil said:

That won't be a problem as Chris Squire died in 2015

Well....as the op was "What song would you play with the ORIGINAL band..."  Unless I wanted to stand next to Chris, and play note for note, he would have to sit that song out.  As would every other bassist on the songs people have chosen. I think we are all aware when Mr Squire died. Its a fantasy thread, dont start getting literal. :D