Why become a member? ×

Faces Live 1972

EssentialTension

Great band. When I was in my teens it was either the Stones or the Faces that held my interest. Most of my

mates at school were into ELP / Yes / Sabbath etc, but I always preferred the more blues driven rock bands, still do!

Ronnie Lane was fantastic , both as a bassist and songwriter. Watching this makes me realise how sad it

is that we lost him so soon, along with Ian MacLagan too. The Faces live had that wonderful 'loose but tight' thing

going on, which didn't always translate to record IMO. 

Thanks for posting!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, casapete said:

Great stuff, cheers.

Always liked Ronnie's Zemaitis basses, looked so cool.

84883825.jpg

I’ve got that picture hanging on my kitchen wall!

Debris brings a lump to the throat every time.

Re. Maybe I’m Amazed above. He sings it well but you have to feel for RL knowing that Rod is about to effortlessly take it up a good three notches when he joins in!

A great band... 

A few years ago in the course of my work, I went into the loft of Ronnie Lane's former flat in Kentish Town. Amongst the clutter was an old nondescript semi acoustic type bass. I remember it had a dealers sticker from somewhere in east London and no bridge. There was also an old Zemaitis case which I asked the owner - who was his partner up to his death - if I could look inside. Sadly the bass was long gone, taken by a relative, if I remember correctly. An interesting afternoon at work.

• Like 1