Why become a member? ×

** SOLD** Status Series 2 Neck through Graphite headless 1987
£1550

Tradfusion

Selling my beautiful Status Series 2 neck through graphite 4 string. Serial number 483 dates it to 1987. I am the second owner and I have owned the bass for the last 20 years. The body has a mahogany back with a highly figured maple top. Everything is original and it is in almost mint condition for a 30 year old bass. The original custom Status flightcase is included and it is extremely well made and in perfect condition. The bass plays like a dream with ultra low action and I have just strung it with a fresh set of Status strings. Weight is exactly 4kg so really comfy and perfectly balanced. No issues whatsoever with this beauty, you will be hard pressed to find a nicer example. Little bit of Level 42 history as well as this bass was used on loan by Mark King for a few gigs while he was having work done on his own Series 2 at the time... I believe he left a little bit of his Mojo on this one too!  I'm afraid I have nothing to verify this story so you'll just have to take my word but it is quite true. I hate selling this one but I need to fund an expensive recent impulse purchase and the Series 2 hasn't been getting the love it deserves for a few years now... I am based in Ireland but happy to ship internationally as the flightcase is built like a tank. Prefer a straight sale but I might consider a Barefaced Super Compact or BB2 cab in part exchange. Happy to answer any questions by PM... 

Status Series 2.jpg

Status Series 2 body.jpg

Status Series 2 back.jpg

Status series 2 tuners.jpg

Status series 2 483.jpg

Status Series 2 slapping.jpg

Status Series2 in case.jpg

Status series 2 case.jpg

Edited by Tradfusion

This looks beautiful and from one of the finest periods IMO.  Playability and power and versatility of these basses is outstanding - 70% bridge pickup with bass boosted and treble cut through an Avalon U5 on setting 2 - tone nirvana. Very nice top on this example (mine’s padauk and just over 200 earlier in production). Bargain. Bought mine new in preference to Wal - still delighted with the decision

• 2 weeks later...
  • MB1 locked this topic