Why become a member? ×

ACG Finn headless 5 - SOLD
£895

lowregisterhead

For sale is my ACG Finn headless. I've listed this before, but it's recently undergone a bit of a re-vamp. It has an interesting past, in as much as the body and neck were made by Alan for a friend, and weren't intended to end up on the open market, hence the non-standard pickup configuration. The body and neck are Alan's, but it appears that the hardware and electronics have been added, and altered, by the original and subsequent owners. When I got it, it had some nasty pickups in it and didn't sound great, but after a bit of tweaking and TLC, it's turned out to be a great bass. It's now fitted with a pair of Hanson pickups (out of my Lakland DJ5) which I sent to Bare Knuckle and had re-wound, plus a John East Uni Pre, and sounds very good indeed!

It has a Black Limba body with some lovely striping and a trans purple finish, routed for pickups with lugs, as opposed to the usual ACG pickups, and a maple asymmetric neck with a birdeseye maple fingerboard. It's 35" scale (although you wouldn't know it - it feels really compact) 46mm wide at the zero fret, 55mm at the 12th fret, and 18mm spacing at the bridge (adjustable). It weights 4.1kg on my digital bathroom scales, and sits really well on the knee or on a strap. Along with the Uni-Pre is an East low battery indicator board and LED. The body also has two additional micro switch positions, currently unused. There are a few marks and scratches here and there, but nothing of any great significance. There are no issues with the neck, the frets are all in good order, and it plays beautifully, with a powerful sound, loads of sustain and clarity, and huge tonal variety from the Uni-Pre.

The only reason I'm selling it is that I don't get on with the asymmetric neck - all my other basses have standard neck profiles and just suit me more. You're welcome to come and try it out in person - I'm based just off the A3 between Woking and Guildford, close to junction 10 of the M25.

Sorry, but I'm not looking for any trades.

NOW SOLD

Edited by lowregisterhead
  • Like 2

On 2/18/2018 at 19:06, Joebethell said:

Think I'm starting to get a thing for ACG this is about the 4th or 5th that I have started to lust over 

Do it - they're AWESOME!

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Bigwan said:

Do it - they're AWESOME!

As tempted as I am my head has won the fight at this time. 

If any are at the Midlands Bass Bass I might have a first play and that might bring on the Gas Attack but as it is I'm managing to resist. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Joebethell said:

As tempted as I am my head has won the fight at this time. 

If any are at the Midlands Bass Bass I might have a first play and that might bring on the Gas Attack but as it is I'm managing to resist. 

Living in Norn Iron as I do, there didn't seem to be much chance to play one before buying until Black Coffee of this parish (who lives about 6 miles from me) put his ACG Graft 5 up for sale. Totally the wrong spec for me, but gave me an idea of the level of Alan's workmanship. I wasn't disappointed. I've had 3 now, and would still have 2 if I wasn't having a self-enforced clear out!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

A headless 5 with a light board is my dream bass , shame I've just got hold of a new 5 in a trade 

Anyway , I've dealt with LowRegHead before and you can buy with complete confidence 

Edited by lojo
  • Thanks 1