Why become a member? ×

Ashdown Little bastard LB30 all valve tube bass amp + cab *SOLD*
£450

boristhespider7

This is an all valve 30 Watt bass head with matching VS112 12" cab, both in very good condition. If you've never played one of these you'll be in for a shock. Don't be fooled by the 30 Watt power rating as this is all tube, not solid state (for a reasonable comparison i'm guessing you'd be looking at about 150 Watt solid state for equal volume, but it wouldn't sound as cool!). I can't turn this up to full volume in my house otherwise the neighbours will be round, its much louder than you think! This would be sufficient for small or medium gigs and goes even better with larger or more efficient cabs if you want louder. Also has a post power tube DI which means if you connect it up to the house rig or studio you get all the power tube valve sound (not just the pre-amp). In my opinion this also makes the perfect studio amp: great clean sounds as well as dirty grindy tones if you like that. You can also easily lift both head and cab one in each hand which is unheard of with most all valve bass gear. It also doesn't need biasing due to the design of the amp circuit, unlike most other valve heads. This is Ashdown's take on the Ampeg B15 (in my opinion) which is heard on so many well know recordings.

I brought this from new and its been well looked after. Mainly been used for low volume practicing at home. Plenty more life left in the tubes (no microphonic, tone or volume loss)
This along with the cab has been discontinued from Ashdown for a while now so grab yourself a bargain. Only selling as I need the cash for some more bass related gear. Comes from a pet and smoke free home. Be very sad to see this one go!

Sale also includes Roqsolid heavy duty covers for both head and cab, the head cover also has a reinforced plastic sheet inside to protect the head's controls. Each cover is worth about £45 each. Also included is power (kettle) lead and speaker lead.

Ashdown's description:
The Little Bastard preamp stage employs ECC83 and ECC82 tubes and features High and Low gain inputs, front panel-mounted Effects Send and Return, rotary Bass, Middle and Treble controls with Mid Shift, Bass Shift and Bright switching, Mute switch, rotary Volume control and balanced DI output. The Little Bastard head partners perfectly with a range of Ashdown US Series cabinets.

Power Output:    30W 
Power Handling:     30Hz - 16kHz
Speaker Outputs    2 x Jack sockets
High Instrument Input: 450mV
Low Instrument Input:    150mV
DI Output    Line Level: 1k
Output Impedance:    Minimum Impedance 4 Ohm
EQ:        Passive Bass, Middle and Treble
Effects Send:    Valve driven Instrument level
Effects Return:     Valve Recovered
Pre-amp Tubes:    1 x ECC83  1 x ECC82
Output Tubes    4 x EL84
H x W x D (mm)    218 x 407 x 260
Weight (kg)    11

Cash only on collection. Might be able to meet up at mutually convenient halfway point (just ask!)

P2057767b.jpg

P2057772b.jpg

P2057773b.jpg

P2057776b.jpg

P2057777b.jpg

• boristhespider7 changed the title to Ashdown Little bastard LB30 all valve tube bass amp + cab *SOLD*