Why become a member? ×

EQ pedal

funky8884

17 hours ago, Al Krow said:

Lol!

One thing you've not shared is what amp and bass you're using and what the EQ is like on them?

Sure , I’ve got a Jeff Berlin Rithimic 5 and a markbasd 802 or a MB800

an extra EQ pedal would give me use of the 3 full pan modes of the bass without any volume changes 

Aha! Ok so we are both Markbass users. You might be interested in something I posted on another thread earlier this month which ended up concluding that an EQ pedal could be just the ticket.

Btw - my BC buddies are advising me (quite rightly) to kick off with the Zoom MS-60B before splashing out on something like the more expensive "one function" MXR M108S pedal. 

I'm thinking that a combination of the Para EQ and the GEQ which can be layered into one effects patch (and maybe with an added M-Comp compressor) on the Zoom could work well.

On 04/02/2018 at 16:55, Al Krow said:

Hope the OP doesn't mind me taking this off track into Markbass amps, but it's kinda linked to what folk have been saying in relation to the cabs and tone roll off.

I've been looking into the Markbass 'High EQ gap' for those of us wanting to boost the treble on our Markbass amps and cabs. Starting point is that prior to this new gen of Little Marcus amp heads the EQ points for Markbass amp heads is:

• HIGH MID:  800 Hz, level: ±16 dB

[Massive gap!]

• HIGH: 10 kHz, level: ±16 dB

Given that the Markbass cabs have a propensity to roll off the high end, as noted above, then (for those of us who want to) it would be great to be able to compensate by boosting the 3kHz to 5kHz range. The treble control on Markbass amps (other than the new Little Marcus range) doesn't allow that.

In addition: there is no ability to adjust the tweeter volume or crossover point on Markbass cabs.

The only other relevant feature is the VLE control, however this is a shelf EQ treble cut not a boost and won't help to address a desire to boost treble in the relevant range:

image.png.068d79dfd319638d6fd33e83b837de3f.png

So I think for those of who want to address this one 'shortcoming' on our Markbass gear, rather than spending £1,500 on a Little Marcus amp and Traveller 123 cab(!) the 'obvious' solution is to invest in an EQ pedal or even a relatively cheap / value for money Zoom MS-60B and use its GEQ effects patch. 

4 hours ago, Al Krow said:

Aha! Ok so we are both Markbass users. You might be interested in something I posted on another thread earlier this month which ended up concluding that an EQ pedal could be just the ticket.

Btw - my BC buddies are advising me (quite rightly) to kick off with the Zoom MS-60B before splashing out on something like the more expensive "one function" MXR M108S pedal. 

I'm thinking that a combination of the Para EQ and the GEQ which can be layered into one effects patch (and maybe with an added M-Comp compressor) on the Zoom could work well.

Thanks Al, its my 1st markbass and is great for home use and should be ok for a Acoustic set used as a monitor, the MS-60B looks like a good option