Why become a member? ×

SOLD PENDING PAYMENT Bill Fitzmaurice Jack 12 cab, Loaded with Kappalite
£160

funkydoug

Hi folks,

Selling this having bought it recently from Basschat royalty, @Discreet, who built it and created the very informative (and entertaining) build diary linked to below. It is not getting much use  with me after all and, as ever, I'm hoping to free up the cash and space. It is in the same condition it came to me in and I'm asking the same great price; £160 plus postage.

Essentials: 8ohm, 400watt Neo loaded (Eminence 3012HO kappalite). No horn / tweeter. The cab is made to the highest standard from Bill's plans and is 45cm tall, 55cm wide and 45cm deep. It weighs 18kg and is finished in black Tuf-Cab paint and chrome corners.

For those who've not seen them before, these are cabs designed by Bill Fitzmaurice that are extremely efficient and hence very, very loud indeed.  This one doesn't have the tweeters / horns that some Jack12 cabs do. It is loaded with an Eminence Neo Kappalite driver that is suggested in the design plans as the best speaker you can put in these cabs.

I can add pics of it in my possession if that's helpful, but Discreet's post shows the cab in its current condition and also links to the build diary. The only difference is that the courier  who brought it to me managed to dislodge the mesh guard. It was velcro attached at the angled sides and the velcro had come away. I've used velcro tape to re-attach it in a slightly different way but you can either leave it as it is or just take the velcro off and do whatever you want to do with it! 

The cab has been gigged (not by me) and does have a few marks that a quick touch up with the TuffCab paint would sort out. It is an easy lift, and fits nicely in the boot with plenty room to spare. 

Happy to arrange a courier, but the cost will be added to the £160 asking price.

@discreet has the first shout here - he may just want to buy it back - but if not it's anyones!

Cheers, Doug

Edited by funkydoug

I was a BFM authorised builder for a few years. This is an absolute steal for a cab that will outperform so many top end boxes. Discreet did a brilliant job on his build and it's worth £160 for the build thread alone - not to mention the driver that's in it. If you're looking for a compact one cab solution at a frankly silly price then look no further.

• Like 1