Why become a member? ×

X2 Gallien Krueger neo 112 Cabs - £200 EACH
Incredibly light weight for a bass cab, sound huge as a pair and take up minimal space on stage. Minor scuffs but otherwise in good condition.

Cash on collection only.I'm based in Exeter, Devon. Any questions just ask!

cabs1.jpg

cabs2.jpg

Edited by Abitha22
Sold

On 03/03/2018 at 07:31, bassbloke said:

Hi.  Given it any more Thought?  I'd also be happy to arrange a man in a van courier to avoid you needing to package them up - just a bit of cardboard to protect 

Going to hang on a little longer, sorry for the late reply!

On 08/03/2018 at 07:28, Damonjames said:

Really surprised to see these still here!

if I had the cash I’d snap snap your hand off, I love the sound of my neo 212, but often thing handling 2 smaller cabs would be easier!!

Yeah it’s pretty handy being able to split them and just take the one for certain things. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi just bought a GK 800 fusion amp and it sounds awesome. These cabs would really look/sound good sat underneath it. Question..by the look of things they cant be linked together to get the full 4 ohms...or can they??

7 hours ago, Woody1957 said:

Hi just bought a GK 800 fusion amp and it sounds awesome. These cabs would really look/sound good sat underneath it. Question..by the look of things they cant be linked together to get the full 4 ohms...or can they??

Hi Woody, yes you can link these in series to obtain a 4 Ohm load and thus extracting 800W from your fusion, 

8 Ohm + 8 Ohm = 4 Ohm

1 hour ago, Woody1957 said:

It does yes but to get the full 800 watts you must connect the two 8ohm cabs together.

The two speakons on your amp are already connected together. One 8 ohm load in each gives a 4 ohm load to the amp. It's exactly the same as if the two cabs were 'daisy-chained. (Incidentally, that's a 'parallel' connection, not 'series', as mentioned above...)

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dad3353 said:

The two speakons on your amp are already connected together. One 8 ohm load in each gives a 4 ohm load to the amp. It's exactly the same as if the two cabs were 'daisy-chained. (Incidentally, that's a 'parallel' connection, not 'series', as mentioned above...)

Hope this helps.

Thank you Dad for clearing that up. So, if I connected a 4 ohm cab to each speakon connection at the back would that bring it all down to 2 ohms and would that be safe? Sorry for sounding dumb

1 minute ago, Woody1957 said:

Thank you Dad for clearing that up. So, if I connected a 4 ohm cab to each speakon connection at the back would that bring it all down to 2 ohms and would that be safe? Sorry for sounding dumb

Yes it would, and no it wouldn't be. Your amp is rated for a maximum load ( so minimum ohmage...) of 4 ohms. Any less releases the Magic Smoke. Two 8 Ohm cabs, each plugged into one of those Speakon connectors, will be seen by the amp as a 4 Ohm load. That would be safe, but hard on the ears if abused, of course. Best to open any windows if cranking stuff like that, to avoid broken glass from the air pressure raised..! :D

1 hour ago, Woody1957 said:

Don’t feel dumb, I am a qualified industrial electrician and I have to stop and scratch my head a little sometimes 😂

MOST amps will run a minimum load of 4 ohms, so you can usually run

1 x 4 ohm cab or

1 x 8 ohm cab or

2 x 8 ohm cabs IF they are run in parallel (the usual 1 x cab into a single lead into one of the two sockets on the amp)

there are some amps that will do 2 ohms (2 x 4 ohms cabs for example), the ampeg svt springs to mind, but they are not the norm. 

On 23/03/2018 at 12:14, Woody1957 said:

Thank you one and all for all your advice and info. It's brilliant for getting technical things sorted.

Sorry for derailing this thread Abitha.

Haha no worries! Let me know if your interested in buying them. 

On 28/03/2018 at 16:01, jembullo said:

Could you do a half way meet up? I'm coming from from Stroud, Glos. could be interested if you can?

Hey, sorry for the late reply. Where abouts would you call half way for you?