Why become a member? ×

Now with Pics! Shuker 3. Extended db type fret board 😱

MacDaddy

3 hours ago, MacDaddy said:

17-25-28-GetAttachmentThumbnail.jpg.ae3c3829c334a23c21f6f80474ed8635.jpg

It's not often you see totally unique developments in the shape / ergonomics of a bass. Mr Shuker certainly does some extraordinary work. I think I would confuse myself silly trying to tune up mid gig....."just tweak the E a little....darn that's the D.....now the D which is really the E....or is it? 😕🤔:shok:🤣🤣" That is one wonderfully different instrument you have there, I hope you have fun playing it.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Acebassmusic said:

It's not often you see totally unique developments in the shape / ergonomics of a bass. Mr Shuker certainly does some extraordinary work. I think I would confuse myself silly trying to tune up mid gig....."just tweak the E a little....darn that's the D.....now the D which is really the E....or is it? 😕🤔:shok:🤣🤣" That is one wonderfully different instrument you have there, I hope you have fun playing it.

Yeah, it's definitely a case of 'look before you tune'! 😆

• Like 1

Call me obtuse but it’s not clear to me how this actually works 🤔.

The things I’ve circled in red below appear to be acting like mini capos clamping the string to the zero and -1(?) frets. If this is the case then is there a mechanism to release each of these to get to Eb and D?

07F06068-F48F-439A-89A9-E0D01D0E060D.jpeg

13 hours ago, Velarian said:

Call me obtuse but it’s not clear to me how this actually works 🤔.

The things I’ve circled in red below appear to be acting like mini capos clamping the string to the zero and -1(?) frets. If this is the case then is there a mechanism to release each of these to get to Eb and D?

07F06068-F48F-439A-89A9-E0D01D0E060D.jpeg

They are on a spring, and pivot away from the fret when not needed.

• MacDaddy changed the title to Now with Pics! Shuker 3. Extended db type fret board 😱
1 hour ago, SpondonBassed said:

I've just noticed that the E tuner is furthest from the nut and the G is closest.  I am more used to seeing them the other way around.  Is a custom set of strings used?

Not custom,  just long scale - I think, tbh I can't remember 😖 - but Jon said something about them needing to be cut to length before stringing.

• Thanks 1