Why become a member? ×

De Gier Soulmate #21 *SOLD*
£800

whentbass

De Gier Soulmate 

Still not really sure about doing this, but I've just gotten a new build from Sander De Gier which is a PJ, and I'm using this less and I imagine I'll be using my new one more and more. It's a fantastic bass. Awesome playability from the wide but thin neck and the balance is just right (as with all of Sander's instruments). I have added a Stellartone ToneStyler (10 notch) and a BassMute for extra thump. Both of which can be easily removed. I will include the orginal MEC tone pot and cream pickup covers. It's in excellent condition (as it's only three years old!) but there is one TINY nick on the back of the neck.

- Unique Green Colour

- Matching Headstock

- Black Pickguard

- Nordstrand NP4v Pickup

- Black Hipshot Hardware

- ETS/De Gier Bridge

- Stellartone Tone Styler

- BassMute 

Price does not include shipping. Bass is located about a mile from Scotch Corner, North/North East England.

Pics here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bjeiwh2w0uz8bvx/AACzuY0ocH6VxKW_cS8BsNl7a?dl=0

Please feel free to check out the rest of the stuff I have up for sale at the mo. You'll find the listings on here.

For full Soulmate spec go here: https://www.degierguitars.com/soulmate/

Edited by whentbass

Hi everyone,

Thanks to all those who have messaged me about this bass. I'm really a little overwhelmed at the amount of interest! I must say that I'm finding the idea of letting her go quite difficult (I shouldn't have named her...*facepalm*) and coupled with that, I think I may have priced her a little low. Not by a huge amount, but I visited the De Gier website today to check a few things and found that a new custom Soulmate now costs the equivalent of around £1, 900!!! I then looked at the price of a new American standard P bass to find they're now selling for £1, 300- 1,400. All this got me thinking about the bass and how much I've enjoyed owning the instrument, and how if I decide to sell it, a unique handmade instrument like this should probably be sold at a price I'm a little more happy with. Otherwise, I could be regretting giving away the first high end custom I ever had made.

So... I'm going to put the listing on hold for the next week or two, have a good play, and really make sure I want to sell. Feel free to message regarding anything you want to know about the bass still and watch this space. 

Thanks again for all the interest, and sorry for being such an indecisive idiot!

Edited by whentbass