Why become a member? ×

Any Hamer love out there?

NancyJohnson

43 minutes ago, epoxyjazzbass said:

I have had a non US Hamer Cruise Bass (from Corea I think). It looks similar to the USa vith Gotoh bridge. But it was different in every respect. I would not say it was a bad instrument but nothing to do with the USA version that are totally different beasts

Here are some photos (note the 2tek second version=small plate.

The ivory one with the tortie guard looks dreamy.

3 hours ago, cetera said:

Love them! Here are mine.....

Two very rare Hamer Impact basses (designed by Kip Winger) - these have a very Spector 'feel' to them......... and a white Hamer Scarab bass.

Hamers.thumb.jpg.7a94f1e850e080892cfae527097cb247.jpgHamers2.thumb.jpg.9f60d658a97871e6dc6d853322c54d84.jpg

Lovely! Next SE Bass Bash that Scarab needs to make an appearance!

(Please!)

• Like 1

On 2/18/2018 at 12:03, AndyTravis said:

Always fancied one of these...

659BFC48-E85A-452F-AF81-79D543409F19.jpeg

Played one very much like that once, 'cept it was green. I didn't like it, but seeing as I found through much trial and error that I don't get on with J-types, that's no surprise. xD

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I'm hoping someone on here could help me.

I got a Hamer Scarab (I think, as it's annoyingly missing a bit from where previous owner customised to body) which I'm looking to sell, but no idea how much to ask for it.

Can anyone give me some advice?

Cheers

20180614_143613.jpg

20180614_142955.jpg

27 minutes ago, BenD said:

I got a Hamer Scarab (I think, as it's annoyingly missing a bit from where previous owner customised to body) which I'm looking to sell, but no idea how much to ask for it.

Cheers

The key with any older/vintage guitar comes down to originality, I suppose.  It would be impossible to put a price on this as you'd need to factor in costs to try and reverse the modifications and get it back to stock.  Harsh as it sounds, I don't think there'd be may people who would go, 'Wow, I really want that bass!'

If it were me and I didn't want it any more, I'd probably think about putting it up on eBay with a low reserve.  If it's got an original Hamer hard case, it's feasible that you could do two auctions too; the Blitz bass should fit the case and they're always in high demand.

Thanks Nancy.

I think its the original hard case too. Shame it got messed about with so much

Edited by BenD
Spelling

On 19/02/2018 at 18:37, 4000 said:

Played one very much like that once, 'cept it was green. I didn't like it, but seeing as I found through much trial and error that I don't get on with J-types, that's no surprise. xD

there was a green 5 string one that got sold on here a few times, @warwickhunt was one of the last to sell it... I always wanted that bass. 

Though probanbly I would have remembered I don't get on with jazz basses. I would buy it if it came up again at a sensible price!

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
On 14/06/2018 at 07:40, Guest BenD said:

Cheers

20180614_143613.jpg

20180614_142955.jpg

Might this still be for sale?

On 19/02/2018 at 03:57, cetera said:

Love them! Here are mine.....

Two very rare Hamer Impact basses (designed by Kip Winger) - these have a very Spector 'feel' to them......... and a white Hamer Scarab bass.

Hamers.thumb.jpg.7a94f1e850e080892cfae527097cb247.jpgHamers2.thumb.jpg.9f60d658a97871e6dc6d853322c54d84.jpg

Hi, I'm curious if you'd be willing to sell your Scarab?  I'm on the hunt for one to play with "Pyrosteria," a Def Leppard act that I'm now playing bass for... Thanks!

1 hour ago, LedZepmann said:

Hi, I'm curious if you'd be willing to sell your Scarab?  I'm on the hunt for one to play with "Pyrosteria," a Def Leppard act that I'm now playing bass for... Thanks!

Sorry, no...

Good luck with the band.