Why become a member? ×

Combo with removable head?

Linus27

So this is where I'm at so far. Either buy a TC Eelectronic BG250 208 Bass Combo for £300 for acoustic gigs and home practise and a Markbass Nano for £300 for backup head to the main rig. However I am interested in the Trace Elliot Elf for £250 and the Trace Elliot 110 cab for £320. This setup would be great for acoustic gigs and home practise. I'm just not sure if the Elf will cut it volume wise at 200w as a backup head. My Little Mark is running at 4 ohms but the volume is only ever at 9pm so its never being driven hard. Think I need a trip to Bass Direct.

On 23/02/2018 at 11:06, Linus27 said:

So this is where I'm at so far. Either buy a TC Eelectronic BG250 208 Bass Combo for £300 for acoustic gigs and home practise and a Markbass Nano for £300 for backup head to the main rig. However I am interested in the Trace Elliot Elf for £250 and the Trace Elliot 110 cab for £320. This setup would be great for acoustic gigs and home practise. I'm just not sure if the Elf will cut it volume wise at 200w as a backup head. My Little Mark is running at 4 ohms but the volume is only ever at 9pm so its never being driven hard. Think I need a trip to Bass Direct.

I got the sense that the TE Elf had a bit of a mixed reception from fellow BCers who've bought / used / moved them on(!)

I'm a bit confused as to what you currently have in terms of cabs to go with the LM3 as part of your main rig? Do you need another cab or is it more a 'nice to have'? Similarly LM3s are pretty robust bits of kit - not heard too many stories of them actually ever breaking down during a gig; very much the exception rather than the rule, methinks. But there again I'm not someone who buys extended warranties on most goods!