Why become a member? ×

Thinking of trying guitar again

Harryburke14

• 3 weeks later...

Very late to the party here, but I picked up a used Yamaha Pacifica for £50 last summer and it still feels like a bargain. It's got the odd chip or dent, but I've already played it more than the £200 SG Special I got years ago (and then sold years later, barely touched) to learn on. Starting to feel like the controls on a Strat-shape are a bit 'in the way' for me though

Has your TE52 arrived yet? You'll have to share some pics and let us know how you're getting on! I take it you're not learning from scratch?

2 hours ago, Rikki_Sixx said:

Very late to the party here, but I picked up a used Yamaha Pacifica for £50 last summer and it still feels like a bargain. It's got the odd chip or dent, but I've already played it more than the £200 SG Special I got years ago (and then sold years later, barely touched) to learn on. Starting to feel like the controls on a Strat-shape are a bit 'in the way' for me though

Has your TE52 arrived yet? You'll have to share some pics and let us know how you're getting on! I take it you're not learning from scratch?

Yeah she's here, also picked up a Blackstar Beam from someone on here - getting some lovely sounds and having fun learning some of my favourite songs. Going to look into online tuition courses or a rough order of what to learn and google how to do those things.

So far having a great time with it.

• Like 3

Had a mare.

Saturday was my birthday, and after several double rum and cokes I found myself in the local boozer listening to a covers band blasting Cocaine by Clapton. Inspired by the guitarists neat playing of what turned out to be the Clapton Custom Shop strat, I ordered a strat copy from Alan George on Facebook - the highest spec one he had. He gave me a tidy discount too due to my drunken ramblings and it being my birthday.

So now I have a bank statement that's not very pretty (more due to buying booze than anything else) and a guitar that historically I can't get good sounds from.

What I may do, seeing as I enjoyed the Clapton strat, is put in the noiseless pickups and midboost TBX stuff, see if I can coax any good noises that way.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1