Why become a member? ×

NBD... visit to the dentist

Trueno

For the first time ever I went to the dentist with a skip and a jump this morning (so to speak). I discovered an independent music shop about 100 yards from the dentist, so after I'd had me teeth riddled by the hygienist I went there for a look and bought a Squier Jaguar SS bass.

Had my eyes on these for a while... I love CAR with a black scratchplate and "rosewood-type" fingerboard. I wanted a short scale as I only plan to play at home now (as much as you can ever be sure about these things. I was also glad to get my hands on one at a proper shop... no sharp fret ends, no buzzes and farts. In fact, I was quite impressed by the overall playability and quality... crazy for £186. I will probably put a more chunky bridge on (gotoh) if it drops in without surgery, but that's just me having a thing about chunky bridges. Thought I might change the pups and loom, but frankly don't see the point... I'd happily gig this as is TBH.

Now, I was planning on selling my US Jazz after buying this... but I might just keep it as a spare (heh! heh!)

Now I'm off to play my spanky new bass.

IMG_0286.JPG

• Like 2

Did exactly the same thing a few years ago - my dentist is literally on the floor above a very good music shop. Went in the shop after having a root canal, and came out again with this. Ended up costing me three times as much as the root canal, but loads more fun :biggrin:

52332683-BB41-4D4F-97B4-8B955C361606.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Trueno said:

Black pickguard on black bass looks great.

I think I'll be having a quick look in this shop every time I go to the dentist now... just for a look around, not to buy, of course.

Didn’t go in to buy either, but when I saw the only EBMM Sabre I’ve ever seen in the wild in my parts, I was sold.