Why become a member? ×

70's Glam Rock stage gear

dmccombe7

I've just joined a 70's Glam Rock band altho at very early stages of deciding set list and what type of functions the band wants to do. First meet and greet kind of thing next week.

The guys are all well experienced from tribute bands and played some fair size gigs with their respective tribute's. This was a side project for us all.

The singer has been doing it as a solo act with backing tracks for a few yrs now and decided he's like to do it as a full band. 

This will be the full outfits to match very much like a tribute band.

Are there any other bassists on here that play 70's Glam Rock covers and if so where did you buy your stage gear from.

Any suggestions welcome .......within reason of course and keep it clean please. :D

Dave  

I’m in a glam rock covers band based a wee bit south of you in the Yorkshire, East Midlands area.  You can get ex. Fancy dress outfits fairly reasonably or go down the bespoke route and get stuff made (not cheap though). For myself, I’m always on the lookout for tasteless, glittery stuff and 70s clothing on eBay and the like.  Be aware that a lot of suitable stuff is ‘womens’ so you’ll have to get over that :biggrin:.

66DC5B52-8653-46AB-BF56-DB911C573FC0.jpeg

• Thanks 1

The leather was more Sweet's heavier rock image tho. I kinda always associate with the later US Glam rock bands. 

Its an option tho but certainly not real leather as too hot (temperature wise that is) for stage gear. Have looked at leather look materials tho but thinking more on this kinda stuff.

Image result for 70's Glam rock imagesimage.jpeg.27068d3d7cf73d8165dbe9144ebb8273.jpegImage result for Bowie Ziggy stardust and spiders band images

If it’s bespoke stuff you want,you need to try Stagewear Unlimited.

Based near Rotherham, you can get pretty much anything made to order, and the boss Neil Crossland

has a mass of experience making stuff for all sorts of bands as well as theatrical costumes

for televison and theatre.  Tel. 01709 892893

www.stagewearunlimited.com

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, casapete said:

If it’s bespoke stuff you want,you need to try Stagewear Unlimited.

Based near Rotherham, you can get pretty much anything made to order, and the boss Neil Crossland

has a mass of experience making stuff for all sorts of bands as well as theatrical costumes

for televison and theatre.  Tel. 01709 892893

www.stagewearunlimited.com

That's great. I'll see how the band gets on before shelling out for an expensive custom costume.

Dave