Why become a member? ×

NBD Peavey Cirrus BXP

hrnn1234

After all the woes with my Cort B4, although still waiting for the preamp to arrive, I saw this thing posted locally and decided to go for it. Clearly some kind of emergency sale, the guy posted it for €140 and went down to €120 by himself. Thinking that's what you pay for an affinity these days, it can't be that bad! Especially after reading so many good things about the guitar in talkbass.

They guy came by my office to drop it (delivery included!) so I haven't had a chance to try it. I'll get around it this weekend for sure. I just hope it doesn't go through batteries too fast as it uses two. As far as I could understand it actually has active pickups, not only the preamp. The other thing I'm curious about is the 35" scale.

Here are some pics of the wild finish it has... roar!

030_1964581321.jpg

030_-923983107.jpg

030_-1893850628.jpg

• Like 1

turns out the scale difference is not really an issue. still it's a much heavily built bass as my cort. the poly finish on the neck is another thing I'll have to get used to.

as a side note, the guy who sold it to me also threw in a set of tapewounds (which had already, but he said they were very old). the feel funny to the touch (good funny, I suppose). I still have to hear them out through an amp.

other than that, can't say I care too much about stringing through the body. I even think it's counterproductive... how do you "untwirl" the strings when mounting them. maybe it doesn't matter but that's why I like top loading bridges (and luckily the one this bass can be both). about the neck through body, I still have to make up my mind. to soon to tell.

I guess I'm a simple man :)