Why become a member? ×

Importing One pickup from the US: Total Rip-off

Spoombung

17 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

I'm a Scotsman so not up on cricket but was trying to give England some credit for designing the first so called Baseball caps xD

If i see cricket on TV its time to change channel for me i'm afraid. Like watching paint dry. :facepalm:

Sorry

Dave

Quite right. Who needs cricket when you can watch shinty Vs hurling on BBC Alba!!

2 minutes ago, fretmeister said:

Not to mention that if the OP ordered from Bestbassgear instead they do FREE international shipping for orders over $100

Still likely more expensive than buying from the UK dealer because of the weak pound + added VAT & customs handling.

Si

Pragmatically, if you order something online from USA (or anywhere outside of EU) and you don't like it, or it has a fault, and you send it back..........you're never getting that import duty back are you? I am not even sure if the Distance Selling Regulations thing (the one which means if you order online and change your mind in I think 7 days, you can just send it back for a refund minus postage costs) applies. Obviously if its faulty or not as described etc then you would have more legal rights but do they match the typical service level you might expect from a UK retailer?

And I bet there's a massive amount of hassle if it has a rosewood neck!!

14 hours ago, dmccombe7 said:

I'm a Scotsman so not up on cricket but was trying to give England some credit for designing the first so called Baseball caps xD

If i see cricket on TV its time to change channel for me i'm afraid. Like watching paint dry. :facepalm:

Sorry

Dave

Cricket was intentionally designed to be overly long and intricate and difficult for outsiders to understand, in order to deter the rest of world from wanting to beat us at it.

That plan didn't quite work out.

Edited by Cato
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, dmccombe7 said:

Sorry

Dave

As opposed to golf, that Scottish sport, which is truly fascinating

:P