Why become a member? ×

Importing One pickup from the US: Total Rip-off

Spoombung

One Nordstrand Big Blademan $169.00

USPS Shipping $48.60

Import VAT £28.13

USPS is handled by Parcelforce in the UK: Clearance fee (zero rated for VAT): £11.25

So the original value of the pickup was £120 and the shipping, clearance and VAT amount to over £88

In Total: £208 for one pickup.

Can you imagine what it's going to be like after March 2019 when these fees will be also be slapped over European goods? 

Yes you may moan that EU imports may become unaffordable soon, but looking on the bright side, the lucrative trade deal with India is almost in the bag. Who needs Nordstrands when you can take your pick of the best indian sweatshop-produced pickups made by 9 year old slaves instead? Tone for days. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Spoombung said:

Can you imagine what it's going to be like after March 2019 when these fees will be also be slapped over European goods?

No problem - we'll be able to support home-grown UK manufacturing that was dismantled decades ago in favour of a deregulated service economy. Oh, wait... :|

Edited by discreet
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, discreet said:

No problem - we'll be able to support home-grown UK manufacturing that was dismantled decades ago in favour of a deregulated service economy. Oh, wait... :|

This state of the art factory on the Thames Estuary is in tip-top condition thanks to our lucrative deregulated service economy.

1393896_003ResizedFINAL.jpg

And the steel mill at top elite property hotspot, the Isle of Sheppey - a.k.a Kent's own Monte Carlo - is running at full steam, bringing jobs and money to the community thanks to our lucrative trade deals with China. 

thamesteel-steel-works-sheerness-82-600x

Here is a picture of Sheppey's high-rolling and glamorous community, reaping the benefits of our lucrative trade deals, and celebrating their booming local economy.

171110~5A,8,360,1E5,258,1B8,0~4985287.jp 

(This photo is an accurate representation of all of England about 2 years from now).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, project_c said:

This state of the art factory on the Thames Estuary is in tip-top condition thanks to our lucrative deregulated service economy.

1393896_003ResizedFINAL.jpg

And the steel mill at top elite property hotspot, the Isle of Sheppey - a.k.a Kent's own Monte Carlo - is running at full steam, bringing jobs and money to the community thanks to our lucrative trade deals with China. 

thamesteel-steel-works-sheerness-82-600x

Here is a picture of Sheppey's high-rolling and glamorous community, reaping the benefits of our lucrative trade deals, and celebrating their booming local economy.

I can see the baseball caps now... Make Blighty Great Again! 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Spoombung said:

One Nordstrand Big Blademan $169.00

USPS Shipping $48.60

Import VAT £28.13

USPS is handled by Parcelforce in the UK: Clearance fee (zero rated for VAT): £11.25

So the original value of the pickup was £120 and the shipping, clearance and VAT amount to over £88

In Total: £208 for one pickup.

I had a similar experience,  $56 USPS ( "3 day") shipping, Import VAT,  Parcelforce fee -  which also included them losing the item for a week. Took nearly 3 weeks in total.

Thomann deliver in about 72 hours or less (until March 2019....)

I've had stuff from Portugal in about a week, no fees.

56 minutes ago, discreet said:

Should be Bowlers, really...

I'm a Scotsman so not up on cricket but was trying to give England some credit for designing the first so called Baseball caps xD

If i see cricket on TV its time to change channel for me i'm afraid. Like watching paint dry. :facepalm:

Sorry

Dave