Why become a member? ×

Hello All

Bassalarky

I been lurking here for a while but thought I'd finally post to say hi.

I have been playing around 35 years, mostly covers and function bands - earned a good living with it in the late 80's/early 90's.

I have a MIJ '92 Fender P bass in Olympic white and another, custom made, P bass in black paisleyburst.  I have retired my ridiculously large and heavy old-school valve head and 4x10 plus 1x18 stack and now use a TC Electronic 450 combo which I really like.

These days its mostly pubs and private functions with a few wedding thrown in.

Just joined a smaller band an am looking forward to the benefit of all the experience here to dip my toe into the world of bass pedals.....

Cheers

Welcome Bassalarky.

I'm surprised you haven't already dipped your toe, so to speak.  As a hobby bassist I am very glad to read that as it suggests that you coped very well without pedals so far.  Although I'd love to get into them myself, I resist because it is unlikely that any pedal would improve my playing.  I'd have to have a specific reason to try one.

On reflection I might benefit from a looping pedal of some description but I'd only end up playing with myself when what I really need is a lickle band of my very own.

Thanks for the welcome.  I have a compressor on the amp which works well and I use it a bit, I may have a reason to try a bit of bass distortion....

23 hours ago, SpondonBassed said:

On reflection I might benefit from a looping pedal of some description but I'd only end up playing with myself when what I really need is a lickle band of my very own.

I've seen people using those - they end up playing with themselves in front of an audience.