Why become a member? ×

Enclosure/ case for TE GP7 head

T-Bay

Does anyone have any ideas what would fit a TE GP7 head? It’s 22.5” which is beyond the usual bags and cases I can find. I want to liberate it from its present combo to use with my newly acquired barefaced cabs but don’t want it getting knocked about. I have had a look and beyond the ‘custom flight case’ I can’t find any other options.

Hi - is it not 19" if you slice the tabs down through the holes on the left and right?  If it is, it might be worth getting an engineering shop to do the cutting to save it looking like its been in a car crash.  I was thinking of doing the same with my 4x10 GP12 combo as its too heavy for me as I reach my twilight years!

59 minutes ago, cakerack said:

Hi - is it not 19" if you slice the tabs down through the holes on the left and right?  If it is, it might be worth getting an engineering shop to do the cutting to save it looking like its been in a car crash.  I was thinking of doing the same with my 4x10 GP12 combo as its too heavy for me as I reach my twilight years!

Nope, sadly it’s the full width, well the casing is and don’t fancy trying to recase the whole thing. I have access to a full workshop so was hoping I could just whack some adapters together for it but no luck.

It’s a long shot but Ashdown hv a range of wide amp heads, the ABM 2000 evo iii for example. They also had a series of abm amp called “wide boys” which I think were the head units used in their combos. The dimensions appear to be similar, so I’m thinking maybe they would sell you a replacement sleeve? Worth a call in any case. Good luck. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know if this is what you are asking, but this one is the right size for my GP7 head, other than being much too long.

http://cpc.farnell.com/pulse/rksl-2u/rack-sleeve-2u/dp/DP32669?CMP=TREML007-005

But its a perfect fit otherwise.  I'm going to peel the felt stuff back a few inches and cut it down so its not quite as deep.  But its easier than starting from scratch and its only £17 shipped.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, converse320 said:

My head is from a combo and fits in perfectly - sorry if I'm misunderstanding

33 minutes ago, RandomBass said:

There are narrow combos which have a standard 19inch rack width head, and wider combos (typically the 4x10 versions) which have a wider head, around 23 inches.

This ^^^^^^^^^