Why become a member? ×

SOLD
£1300

castlemaine22

I've unfortunately come to the realisation that I need to part ways with this fantastic bass, I have been playing 5 string for the majority of the last year and it no longer gets the attention that it deserves. With the arrival of a new 5 string I need to make some space.

The specification is as follows:

• Alder body with sunburst finish and matching headstock
  • 3 piece maple neck with pao ferro fingerboard
  • 39mm brass nut, 34" scale length
  • Hipshot Ultralite tuners and B style bridge
  • Bartolini noise cancelling jazz pickups (9CBJD1)
  • East SPM-02 (vol (active/passive push/pull), blend, bass, treble)
  • Lightweight at 3.8kg (8.4lbs), with a perfect balance
  • Comes with 3 different colour pickguards - transparent (fitted), white and black

I made a finger ramp from rosewood which matches the colour of the fingerboard and sits on the pickup screws, this is attached with double sided tape to the pickguard and can easily be removed. This was my main gigging bass for 2 years so it has some minor scuffs, which I have tried to photograph as well as I can, let me know if you want more photos :)

I originally brought this from bass direct and I remember playing most of the 4 string jazz basses in there at the time, this was the one that had the best resonance, tone, feel and balance, and I'm picky with basses! The action can be set as low as you like with no buzz and is an absolute dream to play.

I'm based in Leeds, you are more than welcome to come over and give it a play. I can post to the UK, or I can drive a reasonable distance to meet you, comes with a sturdy Protection Racket case (pictured)

My feedback:

Edited by castlemaine22

• 2 weeks later...